cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nobbler
Message 1 of 5

Changed over from TT fibre to BT infinity why speed problems?

Hi,

I changed over from a very stable TalkTalk fibre connection, which was giving me between approx 38-40Mbps download and approx 1.7-1.9Mbps upload at around 7 - 10ms Latency.

Despite ordering a new line, the openreach engineer connected the new bt infinty fibre to my existing copper line, which incidentally is my TalkTalk account line. The only thing that has physically changed is the fibre connection to the cabinet, which is only a short distance up the road from me.

Now despite a new line not being installed as per the actual order I was considering cancelling my Talk Talk contract rather than having a second line, so I would just have the bt line as given the reviews in respect of the fibre seem to be encouraging. I opted for the infinty 2 package, to take advantage of the increase in upload speed.

I have been with TalkTalk for many years and have had them assist me in respect of a number of line/connection speed problems. They have been very helpful and in the end, after my connection had been uncapped and placed on fastpath etc. My connection since then was very stable, I never experienced dropouts and my online gaming and childrens skyping or streaming now tv was seamless. 

Since the bt infinity, my streaming has been buffering, my latency has soared, my upload speed was briefly good, now it is as low as 0.2Mpbs, My download varies between 20-41Mbps and I am not happy.

No amount of me disconnecting and resetting my equipment ever caused any problems on my TT fibre.

Do TT fibre not use DLM? if so, how come I never had any of the problems I have been experiencing immediately with BT infinity?.

I am happy to supply any amount of speed tests and stats etc, however relevant you might feel they are.

Please sort this, reset it , uncap, whatever you need to do or get an engineer to sort it, or this will be the shortest Fibre relationship that communication history has ever seen.

My line is incredibly stable and I am very close to my cabinet. I have never had stability issues till i moved to bt, only speed issues, which TT sorted fairly swiftly via their forum.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Changed over from TT fibre to BT infinity why speed problems?

as it says at the top of the forum this is a forum where customers help customers and your post does not go to BT  the forum mods are BT employees but do not necessarily read all the posts

can you go to 192.168.1.254 then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you enter you phone number and post results   remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Nobbler
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

ill do that, but i may be a while as I am not currently using the HH5. I have a netgear wndr3800.

The home hub wouldnt recognise my xbox's on ethernet. kept saying they were on wifi when they werent and causing me all sorts of problems with ip address asigning. My setup is identical to how it was except the only difference being the connection authentication. Which incidentally was a lot better on TT. On TT i could max mtu at 1500, on bt only 1492 due to PPOE. I will get back to you asap.

p.s. do bt not have anything similar to the TT forum where there employees can actually act upon requests etc from customers?, if not then thats a pretty poor show for such a big company.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

The forum mods are bt employees and will and do help posters with their problems if the forum membes are unable to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
gkarl187
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

ive had exactly the same problems i didnt have one bit of trouble with tt fibre i swapped to bt all the eniginer did was connect me at the cabinet now online gaming is almost impossible with game lag and my connection constantly drops bt customer services are no help i cant see me staying with bt for much longer 

0 Ratings