cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Changeover mess-up

Go to solution

My order for FTP was orginally confirmed to go live today (18th June). Due to further work needing to be completed this was delayed until 23rd June. I had no real issue with this delay

BT unfortunately failed to update my current provider, Plusnet, of this change of service date. Plusnet, as instructed by BT, have ceased my line today, leaving me without any internet or phone line. 

I have spoken to plusnet, who cannot do anything, and the best thing BT have offered is that they *might* send out a 4G mifi.

Can anyone please advise if there is anything I can do to get back online until the 23rd?

I'm currently working from home and tethered internet is limiting what I can achieve. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Changeover mess-up

Go to solution

Hi @Omico welcome to the community, I'm really sorry your service has been stopped before your BT Broadband could be activated, I appreciate the inconvenience this must be causing you.  As your activation date is so close the 4G mini Hub solution would be the only thing that we could offer you to help keep connected in the meantime. It's not something the community can help you with but the FTTP connections team 0800 587 4787 should be able to offer you further advice on this. 

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO 

Thank you for taking the time to reply- I really appreciate it.

Hopefully the 4G mini hub will arrive tomorrow and I can get back up and running properly. Under normal circumstances I would have had lots of options to keep working normally, unfortunately at the moment I've realsied just how vital having my own stable connection has been! 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Omico Thanks for getting back to me, that's great.  I really hope the mini Hub can keep you connected in the meantime.