cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Changing Openreach Database Details

Hi,

I am having an issue that so far over a number of calls BT employees still are not able to help. Here goes.

I live at number 43, it is a semi detached and the other house is 44. These homes were demolished 4 years ago and rebuilt in a smaller foot print, this was due to other homes being built around us. We retained the numbers 43 and 44.

Before the demolition the internet speed available according the bt.com was Fibre1 31-36mb, they tore down the pole and routed all new cables through trunking to the cabinet.

Now when i do a line check to see how fast of broadband i can buy i am still stuck at Fibre 31-36mb, however number 44 seems to be able to get Fibre1 44-51mb, however on the other side of me (They juggled around the house numbers) 1A through 20B (New builds also) they are able to get Fibre2 (51-73mb) and i have spoken to them and they are indeed on Fibre2 connection.

All properties are on the same cabinet, the same distance (bar 20m) and all built in the same year.

So am i right in thinking the Openreach database has not been updated to reflect the change in wiring? (i think the old building had degraded copper, where as new cables were installed recently)

I recently had an pen reach engineer out for another reason and they said i can sync at 40 per my paid connection and there is no reason why we can't get Fibre2 (72mb)

So who do i talk to and what terminology am i required to use to address this issue?

Im thinking the database needs to be updated, do i need an engineer visit?

thanks for your time.

Beanie

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Changing Openreach Database Details

The speeds are just estimates, with no actual data to confirm them and there is no way to get them changed.

Once your service has been provided you will see what actual speeds are possible and upgrade to fibre 2 if your hub max attainable speed shows it to be worthwhile.

You will get whatever speed your line is capable of up to any package cap.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I am a customer.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Can you post your hub stats then please.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

If an ehgineer says you are syncing at 40mb currently I cannot see how an upgrade to fibre2 would be poaaible. If you were syncing at 55mb and the max available was higher that would be different.

Posting the hub stats as requested would answer that question.