cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Changing from FTTH 500 to FTTH 900?

I am currently about 2 weeks into my new contract with Full Fibre 500. 

My reason for not getting faster was simply due to the horror stories on this forum with complaints about slow speeds. Anyway, my neighbour got Full Fibre 900 a few days ago and he has had zero issues, so I was wondering if I can simply phone BT and get mine upgraded to 900???

Does an engineer need to visit or is it all done at BT’s end?? 

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Changing from FTTH 500 to FTTH 900?

No engineer visit needed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Well apparently I cant upgrade as there is no FTTH available for my address lol. 

Spent 10 minutes trying to explain that I already had FTTH 500 but that didn't seem to register with the sales advisor who kept trying to sell me a Copper Broadband package with free BT vision. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Talk to the FTTP team.0800 587 4787

Message 5 of 7

Yeah, I got through to them eventually. Not sure what the issue was but its all sorted now and I should be ‘upgraded’ by tomorrow evening. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@Pilot25dmc 

It's a shame some of the helpline staff are so un-educated and actually paid for giving out such lame replies.🙄

It's common knowledge if you already have a working FTTP line it's a yes on the upgrade.

Jeebus BT welcome taking more money from you for the higher packages.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@Pilot25dmc 

hopefully was a free upgrade too ! 

0 Ratings