cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 28

Re: Changing noise margin is always changing speed

It may well have helped your line stability and your connection if when you connected to the test socket you had actually left it there instead of connecting back to master

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 22 of 28

if you have a look at some of my posts you will see i have exactly the same problem and ive had over twelve engineers out and had every test possible done including a tech wizard coming here and connecting up line monitoring equipment for weeks on end collecting info on my line and they captured this noise margin drops as yours does,the bad part is they tested for rein and theres nothing and the bt tech wizards could not explain the problem and fix it either so good luck with your problem.

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 28

@shamus1, please can you create a new thread, and then we'll be able to help. Thanks! 🙂
0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 24 of 28

I cant be helped as I said Ive had the highest possible help and all avenues exhausted,
0 Ratings
billybigbutt
Contributor
Message 25 of 28

Blimey I'm not holding out much hope after reading your thread.

Frustrating though when the noise margin drops along with the speed and then goes back up again when the noise margin increases.

I was hoping that it had gone away as I was synced at 57 - 58 mb since the middle of December then sync speed drops 12 - 13mb to 45mb just over 3 months later. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
shamus1
Expert
Message 26 of 28

does your problem look like mine as I have found another user on here whos internet is doing the same,also changing providers will not help.
0 Ratings
billybigbutt
Contributor
Message 27 of 28

It is similar as my line speed drops when the noise margin drops to 3 or slightly lower and then speed increases when the noise margin goes as high as 9 before speed drops again at 3 and so on. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 28

you need to increase font size for us old folk  Smiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.