Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
springett
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Charged for engineer visit

Go to solution

Hi, a few months back we placed an order for infinity. The order was cancelled with no real explanation, different BT staff told us different things. A few weeks later we were told to order it again and it should process. We did so, it processed and it was installed a few days later. 

We then had speed issues weeks after it was installed, with no sign of speeds increasing to what we were promised. We had a few phone calls with a mod on here who was very helpful throughout the whole process. He then arranged for an engineer to come and take a look.

The engineer fixed the problems and the speed has been fine since. Today, we've checked the bill and been charged £129.99 for an engineer visit. At no point were we told we were going to be charged and if we knew this was the case we would have declined the engineer.

The assumption was as we've just ordered new fibre with BT, it should work. If there are issues, it's up to BT to sort it out at their expense, not ours.

Why are we being charged for something that was not our problem, and not mentioned when it was arranged? How do we go about getting our money back?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Charged for engineer visit

Go to solution
I have asked the forum mods to leave their contact link here
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

You are quite correct in your assumption and a mod will get back to you as @john46 has stated and will sort things out for you.

0 Ratings
springett
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks a lot.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @springett Sorry that you have received an unexpected engineer visit charge.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @springett,

Thank you for taking my call. I'm really sorry that engineer call out charge was raised against your account in error. I've corrected this and have arranged for that amount to be returned to your bank account. 

Please accept my apology as that charge should not have been applied.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings