cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 61 of 85

Re: Cirencester Exchange Accepting Orders but there is NO information on how to do this

@sy5gtt - "amen" - and your point is?

0 Ratings
sy5gtt
Contributor
Message 62 of 85

Re: Cirencester Exchange Accepting Orders but there is NO information on how to do this

Jac summed it up. As I said, be grateful you're getting fibre at all. And you're closer to getting it than I am. So just be patient :-)

I understand your frustration and wish you luck in getting the answers you want.
0 Ratings
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 63 of 85

@jac_95 - big fuss - the reason is that the people I represent are frustrated at the continuing date changes without explanation.

as for speed, I personally get over 7Mb/s download and 1Mb/s upload, but those people who's frustration can be seen in my posts are on similar or less speeds as you and in different postcodes but on the same exchange.

i appreciate that BT Retail can only tell me what Openreach tell them but the CEO has access to both sides of the fence so ...

when NGA Openreach provide a reply I will update this forum along with those people I represent.  I will also update you if and when I get a reply from my councils CEO.

patience - not really a word in my vocabulary, communication on the other hand is ;-)

0 Ratings
RichRolls
Aspiring Expert
Message 64 of 85

With ours, then date moved 9 months after the initial date given, but was installed one week into the last quarter, so in fact, we waited 6 months and one week after the inital quarter end date given.

I agree with you that OR should manage consumer expectations, but they don't!  I contacted my MP and he got me some better answers, but it didn't actually speed up the implementation.

When you do finally get it, you'll be very pleased.

My only advise is not to have a go at the contributors here, as we are all just BT customers (apart from the Mods) so there is no point in being nasty.  Save that for the people who work for Open Reach (if you have to be).

Good luck. And I hope you get it soon!

Rich

If you found this information helpful, please click the star to the left of this post. If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 65 of 85

'I take the 'village idiot' to be a personal attack on my integrity and ask you to withdraw it as that is defamitory.'

I don't think my post defamitory at all, you claim to be a "Broadband Champion" for your Village, yet most of your previous posts on this thread clearly point to the fact you are not up to the job because you couldn't even find something as basic as the nga enquires e-mail.

You know I get the sneaky feeling you were never asked to be a so called "Broadband Champion" or that the Village ever wanted or needed one, I think you elected yourself for the role.

But then again maybe with comments like these;

'I am going to irritate until I get an answer that is acceptable to me, believe me I can scratch like hell.'

You're not so much the Village Idiot but the Whiny Little Village B*** who throws a tantrum when he can't get his own way. I blame the parents really.

davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 66 of 85

@plainview - Can I point you to my first post - I asked "How do I order?", at no time did I need to contact the nga e-mail address as the order would be with BT Broadband and not Wholesale or Openreach.

If you follow the process via the 'suggested route';

1. http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
  2. http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/at-home/buy-it-now.aspx
  3. after entering ones phone number you get taken to "Your Broadband Checker Results"
  4. using the one link on that page - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13922/c/346 - gives the information available to me

On that page the last two sentences state;

"If your date has changed [which it has], you can get more information at www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when (opens a new window) [Taking me back to where I started].

Just put in your postcode to get the latest information on why work to enable your cabinet has been delayed."

this BT site indicates that I should be able to get my Cabinet details.  At no time in this sequence was the NGA e-mail address listed at all.

Now to answer your specific points even tho I feel you do not deserve any answer;

Broadband Champion:  Volunteers were asked for, I was chosen.

Tantrum:  "I blame the parents really" - Boy how immature do you think I am?  I have been working in IT since 1975 and before that I was in the military.  I do not throw tantrums, I ask a question and expect an accurate answer, my job as a Software Test Engineer requires that I get answers and that I should ask until I do get those answers in full.

I trust that answers some of your concerns of my veracity, unless of course you still feel agrieved.

0 Ratings
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 67 of 85

PS from a software test point of view the process listed above is incorrect and gives a false path which does not give the answer I wanted, that is why I am on the site asking the questions!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 68 of 85

That's what happens if you outsource to India, TBH.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 69 of 85

I have some experience of that ;-)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 70 of 85

Smiley Wink
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings