Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulg15
Beginner
Message 1 of 27

Cold weather rendering my infinity 2 unusable

Go to solution

Hello, wondering if anybody could help me out with a way to contact some kind of UK based tech support?

Had the same issue since December 3rd and my issue is still not fixed.

Been passed from pillar to post and i'm still lumbered with a connection that is unusable 90% of the time.

If somebody could provide me with an email address or a number that i could get through to somebody in the UK on i would appreciate it. If i tried to explain the situation in here i'd be typing all day.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 27

Re: Cold weather rendering my infinity 2 unusable

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 27

Go to solution

Hi paulg15,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum to send in your details and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks
Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
paulg15
Beginner
Message 4 of 27

Go to solution

5 to 6 days? Is there no way i can get a phone number so that i can speak to somebody sooner?

I've had this issue for 7weeks now and i'm close to the point where i'm just going to give up and cancel my contract.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 27

Go to solution

you are in a queue of other customers waiting for mod assistance and thye all think there problem is improtant hence why all cases are dealt with in order of receipt  you can phone CS India and see if they can help but there is no specific number of a UK CS

if in contract then cancellation may be expensive 

cancellation charges

the mods will help you and take personal responsibility for you problem but need to wait in queue

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
paulg15
Beginner
Message 6 of 27

Go to solution

I've spent an eternity on the phone to india. they are the biggest reason my issue has not been resolved already.

spent 7 weeks being bounced from department to department.

I only signed a new contract the 8th of this month because i was offered a discount for 12 months & i was guaranteed my problem would finally be fixed by last monday. If this goes on much longer i'll just cancel my contract and go back to virgin.

5 years i was with virgin and had one issue in that time & the issue was resolved in 2 hours.

Message 7 of 27

Go to solution

Hi Paul,

We do deal with the emails in the order they come in to us and I can assure you it won't be in 5 days. At the moment we're getting back to customers in approximately 2 days.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 27

Go to solution
If you want to try for help on this forum, just post details of your problem
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
paulg15
Beginner
Message 9 of 27

Go to solution

In a nutshell. The cold weather is killing my connection. Right now as usual it's early afternoon, the temperature has risen a little and my connection is usable. I'm getting 3mb which is nowhere near what i am paying for but at least i can get online.

I'm i'm lucky by around 3pm i'll be getting maybe 6mb and that will last until early evening when the temperature starts to drop. From about 7pm until late morning/early afternoon tomorrow my connection will once again be unusable.The engineer who has been to my home three times is as annoyed as i am, i cant fault him. He's told me there are numerous people connected to the same cabinet with the exact same problem. It's a fault in the cabinet, when the temperature drops so do the connections.the week before last when it was relatively mild i was in heaven, i was getting 35mb for almost a week. Same engineer came to me friday and told me he was off to the cabinet to meet with whoever it is that works on the cabinets.He called an hour or so later and said the fault was with either the card or backplate & they had replaced the card. He then told me if my connection wasnt back to normal by friday evening to call again and explain that the backplate needs to be replaced.I've spent hours on the phone and the indian tech support are insisting the problem has been rectified and just pass me from person to person.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 27

Go to solution

Do you have a Homehub 5? If so, can you post your line stats from the HH5 please? These are in Troubleshooting/Helpdesk on the web interface at http://192.168.1.254

Lines 1-13 will be enough

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings