Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Combined PCP & FTTC Cabinet - All In One (AIO) units

Go to solution

I am connected to one of these combined cabinets which I understand are somewhat rare. I am 95m from cabinet and average about 71 d/l 17 u/l on Bt infinity 80/20 product

Can anyone confirm it has indeed the ECI /v3 chipset? Unless I looked at the wrong  spec list of this cabinet.

I have bought the D-Link DIR-3060 router and want to pair it with an openreach modem, I have tried to avoid using the openreach modems as I understand there are different chipsets and can potentially  perform  better if matched and I have  a lot of disconnections with smarthub which BT can not solve.( excessive line noise they told me today).Just looking for a stable solution so if I can match chipsets might help I believe.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Combined PCP & FTTC Cabinet - All In One (AIO) units

Go to solution

Exchange and cab number?

If you don't know put your tel number in here. https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ 

0 Ratings
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
"Exchange DUNGIVEN is served by Cabinet 17"
0 Ratings
Starwire
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

All in One DSLAM/PCP’s aren’t rare, they’re quite common now and all use Huawei. 

Openreach stopped using ECI DSLAMS a couple of years after the FTTC Roll Out began on the basis they’re a load of **bleep**e. Chief Engineers Group are also toying with the idea of replacing some ECI DSLAMS with Huawei on the basis they’re a load of **bleep**e.

0 Ratings
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Ok, was just going by the kitz website " All in one copper and fibre cabinets are very rare".Perhaps not updated in a few years.I guess I shall look for a Huawei based openreach modem. Thanks for feedback.

0 Ratings