cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattyreid42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Community Fibre Project - Can you speed up the Build Stage?

Go to solution

I've been battling to get any form of Broadband installed in my house for almost a year. Too far away from the Cabinet, Cabinet that is closer doesn't have any ports, BT won't build a new one, not planning to upgrade infastructure. Luckily, I wasn't the only one and after guaging interest, consulting various local politians, businesses and residents we have the contract signed for our Community Fibre Partnership with Openreach. 

Many of us still do not have any broadband in our house bar the 4G from our phones. Anyone who does have broadband is getting charged an obscene amount of less that 5mb/s. My question then is; Can this be fast tracked so that we can avail of the FTTP? I still can't believe we are actually at the build stage and am looking forward to getting it installed, but nobody seems to know when. 

Thanks again. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Community Fibre Project - Can you speed up the Build Stage?

Go to solution

This isn't a question that can be answered here. This is a forum for BT customers, you need an answer from Openreach.

If you are part of a Community Fibre Partnership with Openreach you should have a rep who liases with Openreach, best have words with them/him/her.

0 Ratings
mattyreid42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks! Had hoped that maybe someone who has been in my position could share their wisdom or if there is any thing you can do. As I'm sure you are aware Openreach are a nightmare to get a straight answer out of and after a couple of months of real hard work to get the project off the ground and completed on our end they would have a date, but surprisingly not.

I asked previously about Openreach here as they are a nightmare to contact and the mods fought tooth and nail for me at that stage so was probably posting in hope. 

Thanks again.  

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Who in your community is in charge of the project? They are the ones who should have the contact with Openreach.

0 Ratings
mattyreid42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I am the community lead. I do have the number for the Openreach Rep, but he hasn't given me a date, not an estimation even though I have asked him previous. 

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Then keep asking him. Tell him that you are getting it in the ear from the community and it's only fair he should also bear the burden of it. In your position I would ring him every Monday morning for an update and if none were forthcoming I would ask why not.

mattyreid42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Grand job then. Thanks!

0 Ratings