cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Compensation for repeated delays from BT?

I placed an order to upgrade my broadband to fibre optic for our first home back in mid-July. I was told it would take a couple of weeks due to the lockdown and delays, which is completely fine.

This date was then pushed back to the 4th August, to which nobody then turned up. I never received any call, but had to chase it up myself and found out that we had been pushed back to the 4th September.

So an engineer was due to arrive today between 8-1, nobody turned up. So I called again and now found out that we have been pushed back to 9th October. As before, nobody told me anything.

This means a three month delay in placing my order to getting us online which is absurd. I was originally told we could have copper broadband for free to tie us over, then after calling again BT said we could not have copper line without cancelling the existing order. I then phoned again to sort this and was told we could have it after all...

The copper line is now in, but gets speeds of around 3mpbs which is practically unusable, meaning I can't work from home and have to use the office broadband, which is a little unnerving having to travel. Days where I have been working from home have just caused huge delays in getting work done due to the slow speeds.

I'm really frustrated and disappointed with the lack of communication and constant lengthy delays. I was looking for some advice on how I can get this sorted because I really am at the end of my tether and it just feels like BT does not care for rural customers. 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Compensation for repeated delays from BT?

As you now have a phone number with copper connectioncan you enter number and post results remember delete number 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings