cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Complaint Escalation?

Go to solution

Can anyone advise on a (normally) successful route / process for complaint escalation?

I have had a complaint in since 25th July.

1st contact call after 1 week effectively said "can't do anything yet, give it a week".

2nd scheduled call missed by BT, no email or text advising of new contact date.

Complaint now had the missed date rescheduled in the future, by BT, without consultation and I'm not yet convinced this is being taken seriously.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Complaint Escalation?

Go to solution

You were offered mod assistance a few days ago did you get private message and reply with the information requested? If you did then the mods will get back to you but currently can take 3/5 working days due to number of requests for assistance. As everyone thinks their problem is a priority the mods reply to each private message reply in the order they are received ensuring that everyone is treated equally so they will reply and assist you when your reply reaches top of inbox

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Yes, provided mods the info requested.

Not fussed about them taking their time to do their job & haven't hassled them with PMs or further posts.

This is about the complaint process itself, not the issue that generated it.

My complaint is not about the way the fault itself is being handled, but over the exceptionally poor communication and lack of information being provided by (or even to, possibly, who knows because there's no communication) the intermediaries available via the BT website or by telephone.

The complaint pre-dates, by over a week (maybe as many as 2), any post by me on the Community, or PMs to mods.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Understand your issue about the original complaint you submitted. Rest assured as part of solving your problem the mods will pass back any and all feedback/further complaint you have about the procedure to improve the process.

Don't take this an an excuse or me even sticking up for BT, I'm not even a BT customer but I know the mods.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you.

Genuinely did not consider the forum as a formal route to seeking help from BT, hence treating it as a separate source of info / help / advice. 

In many ways it is good that it is so closely monitored and integrated, but it is a different approach to many other help forums I have used where they tend to be more enthusiast / ex-employee contributors, and little true company support. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

TBH it is not closely monitored by BT employees although there is a prescence in the mods.  They may not see all posts but where a CL (Community Leader) sees a problem they will refer it to a mod to look at further. They will then take it up as they know the community can not progress it further.

It is a good system and is one of the few ISP community forums it works on to my knowledge.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Another scheduled complaint call missed by BT.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
RobbieMac has revolved this.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I hope you have better luck than me phone line cut off on the 18th August, been trying hard to get line back, after many calls promised call backs that did not take place, last person l spoke with in the loyalty dept actually said they could not help? Issue escalated to manager call promised no call received, have now given up, this all came about when l switched my unlimited broadband package over to 4g home broadband, then switched phone package to home phone saver, up and running on 4g, but they seem to struggle understanding the switching of the phone and Turing off landline broadband, have never in my life had such poor customer service, shame on you BT

0 Ratings