cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Complaint! Fiber cable drilled into neighbours wall, waiting 1 h 30min for BT to answer

We have Fibre broadband installed last week, the technician apparently pulled the cable from a pole and drilled a whole into our neighbours wall attaching the cable. They also moved other cables that are now hanging over the neighbours chimney so that they cannot use their fire.... Our neighbours did not consent to this and are now causing problems. I have phoned BT twice waiting 1h and 30min on the line, just to be told to phone Open Reach for them to come and sort it out. After waiting another 30 min on the phone to Open Reach they cannot help me I have to speak to BT..... Honestly, I am now on the phone to BT again waiting. 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Complaint! Fiber cable drilled into neighbours wall, waiting 1 h 30min for BT to answer

Hi @ThereseJohnson81,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you are having and the run around you are getting try to get the issue resolved.

Normally in these cases, you would raise a "poor workmanship complaint" directly with Openreach but because in this case, the cabling is hanging over the chimney you could try an "unsafe or damaged equipment complaint". You would need to call Openreach on 0800 023 2023 (option 1 + option 1) to raise this.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings