Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
craigb2791
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Complaint regarding useless install

I did a home move from my last address to new address.

First appointment cancelled with 2 days notice so I had to take that day off work as couldnt rearrange. 

Second appointment they connect up at exchange but do not bother to show up at the house to complete the work and install the socket.

Ring customer services on Fri 21/12 who say OK we will take 'ownership' of it and call you tomorow before 10am.

I then phone back on Sat 22/12 at 12 midday speak to another guy who says there are no notes on the account regarding previous call, I will 'take ownership' of it an escalte up and we will send an engineer around either 29th or 31st Dec 2012 I will call you Monday 24/12 before 2pm to confirm which date.

I then call AGAIN on 24/12 at 4pm and speak to Home Moves who say there are no notes on the account regarding this and transfers me to Order Management with a note on the account. After 30mins on phone to order management where he will note read the notes and saying I need to make another order he transfers me back to Home Moves.

I explain again to Home Moves who put me on hold while they speak to Order Management and says they will get back to me by 10am TODAY and let me know if it is 29th or 31st December to COMPLETE THE INSTALL FROM 10 DAYS AGO.

Of course it is now 11am I have had no call and just been fobbed off by online chat to order processing again.

If this is not resolved by the end of the day when I finish work I am leaving BT and going with a company that actually bothers with Customer Service this is an absolute joke!

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 10

Re: Complaint regarding useless install

Hi craigb2791,

Welcome to the forum, I am sorry for all the problems you've had with your installation.

If you can send over your details we will be able to look into this for you. You can get our "Contact us" link by clicking on my username (under "About me").

Thanks,

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
craigb2791
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Well blow me down.

Advice for anyone on here with a problem - call cancellations and shout at them and they get someone from complaints to talk to you who can understand simple concepts.

However, now they say we have to escalate (2nd time first time no one got back to me) and the order date is showing 10th January.

Apparently they will call me tomorrow before 1300 and tell me that it is will be the 29th or 31st.

If they don't I'll be back onto complaints and they can stick it.

Worst. Service. Ever.
0 Ratings
Godalming1
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Hello

I am deeply shocked and upset at the lack of information and assistance regarding my Broadband order.

The engineer scheduled some 3 weeks ago for the 12th of August never arrived.

I had specifically arranged to take this day off to be able to let him in as I live on my own.

Today I called the number you provided 0800 800 150 which is completely useless as I don’t have either a phone number or account number.

I eventually got to speak to someone who was unable to assist and put me through to the department that deals with insulation but the line was constantly engaged and I was not connected.

I tried this twice, costing a total time factor of almost an hour and eventually gave up.

Can anyone at BT help me????

Does anyone care about my custom???  

Is there any way that someone can communicate with me?

Will I be compensated for all this hassle and lost time??

I can be reached by email or on my work number 

order number 

Pete Rand

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 10

How did you place the order?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Godalming1
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

On line and paid £147 on my card

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 10

Is your order on the tracking page? https://www.bt.com/appsconsumerordertracking/index.do?
--
0 Ratings
Godalming1
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

I regret not
I didnt get a VOL number just an order ref number
I tried to use this on their tracking devise but it didnt recognise it

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 9 of 10

You really need to call that number again
--
0 Ratings
Godalming1
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Okay

It seems crazy that a top notch company like BT have no efficent communication facility for new customers!

Madness

0 Ratings