cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Complaint

I am beyond raging, number one my broadband is horrendous, number two .. signed up for the halo to try and make said horrendous broadband a bit better and  that has turned to out to be a big heap of doggy doo doo and if anything has actually made the drop outs on my broadband even worse which I didn't think was possible !! And because I purchased said halo that has now dropped down to become a noose round my neck for another 10 years or for however long they con you into a contract for simply making a purchase ….only to be told the problem with my broadband is more than likely my hub, aye ok whatever so BT ordered me a new hub which took 6 weeks to get here due to a technical fault lol !!  Was told twice it was going to take 48 hours.  So the halo purchase turned out to be unnecessary ….and after a live chat with a nippy sweetie while looking for my hub I put a complaint in for all of this inconvenience above …. so today I received an email to say they have closed my complaint.  Well I have not had one person email me or phone me to discuss my complaint … I have no idea what the nippy sweetie put on the complaint as she is the one who raised it via the live chat ….. so how it can be closed baffles me and how BT don't have a complaints email address is the most annoying and cowardly thing I have came across today …… I am completely a woman on the edge and I don't care who knows it !!  There is literally no point in complaining again …. my broadband connection is still sh*te ….I am paying more money for it and I have tied myself in longer just for the inconvenience of it all ………. absolute doggy doo doo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Complaint

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods. your post does not go to BT

if you would like forum help to see if you can improve your connection then please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

Hi @Ang1 and welcome to the community.

Firstly I'm really sorry your complaint was closed without notice. I can completely understand why you would be angry about that. I'm sure we'll be able to offer some advice here. Can you post the details as requested by @imjolly? Also is this a wireless or wired connection?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

EDB0C167-EB99-4922-AA38-A4961834461B.jpeg

And when Netflix kicks me out all the time it makes me want to kick my TV in !! 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

Halo is an addon that won't make an iota of difference to your internet connection. If you are within 14 days ring back and cancel it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

Hi @Ang1,

Thanks for posting back!

I'm sorry for the problems you've been having with your broadband service and that your complaint was closed without your consent.  That shouldn't have happened.  Can you follow the advice from @imjolly above please?  Post your stats so that we can have a look at the circuit's performance and we'll take it from there.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

Nop not within 14 days ... yep you are 💯 correct and think I might be tied in for another 2 years because of the add on .,,, fml 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

I did do the quiet test ... couldn’t hear anything expect the voice saying quiet test 🤷🏽‍♀️

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Broadband

So had an engineer out yesterday and he said my upload and download speed is good .. I’m not broadband savvy at all ... we ended up with TP plugs ?? One with a wire into the router and one with a wire into the sons PS4 .. he split the signal also but yet again our broadband continues to drop out ... I am literally at my wits end 😩 Engineer said there is nothing he can report back to BT ... honestly the worst broadband ever ... can anybody offer some sort help 🤦🏽‍♀️

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Re: Broadband

@Ang1 

You need to post the connection information asked for by @imjolly 

If you have always been using TP Link powerline adaptors, then be aware that they can interfere with your broadband.

Interference to copper delivered broadband (FTTC)  and ADSL, caused by Powerline Adapters. Not FTTP.

Powerline adapters or broadband extenders work by transmitting radio frequency signals down your mains wiring.

These frequencies start at about 2MHz and extend right up to 30MHz and beyond.

VDSL  also shares part of that frequency range. That means that if any of the signals from the powerline adapters, get into the phone wiring, or the BT Home hub, then they are going to reduce the quality and speed of your broadband connection, as they will interfere with the frequencies used by VDSL. You may see that as a drop in the upstream or downstream noise margin, or a drop in the maximum available speed. This can even affect ADSL under certain conditions, where other mains devices generate lower frequencies, when exposed to the higher frequencies. (Demodulation taking place).

It may even cause your home hub to disconnect, and then attempt to reconnect again. You will see this change on the lights of the home hub, and other devices will also disconnect.

This problem may get worse as the powerline adapters carry more data.

Its important to make sure that none of your phone wiring, including any extension wiring, runs near to your powerline adapters or main wiring.
If possible, plug the home hub into a different socket from the powerline adapter.

They may also have an affect on the download speed of an ADSL2+ connection.

TP Link ones seem to be a major source of problems. See the following threads on the forum.

My Powerline adapters slow down when downstream sync is high!

BT Infinity VDSL worse performance than ADSL

However there is a fix for the TP Link ones which was posted by davejanney, one of our forum members. Thank you.
You need to download this utility TP Link utility

Once you have it open go to the ADVANCED settings for the adaptor that is connected to the router. on the left hand side of the menu is MODE.
Within the mode settings there is an option to LOWER PLC-TO-VDSL INTERFERANCE MODE.

Now it warned me i would see a drop in speed however the change was instant! the speed on Speedtest.net doubled when running through the adaptors, and it is rock solid stable. i downloaded a 1Gb file with any connection drops, before it would have dropped out every 30sec.

See this post on the Plusnet forum Powerline Ethernet - A warning