cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Complete wifi without Halo

Good morning. I phoned BT earlier in the week to ask about an upgrade to Complete Wi-Fi and was offered prices for both with and without the Halo add-on. I've phoned back this morning to go ahead with the non Halo option to be told that isn't available - you can only take it with Halo. Is this likely? I got the idea from previous help on this forum that Complete Wi-Fi and Halo were separate products, available together or individually.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Complete wifi without Halo

There is a Superfast Fibre unlimited with Complete Wi-fi in the Tariff sheet so I see no reason why they are not available separately. (In fact my daughter has just the same package).

Sometimes though, they may offer you a greater discount if you take it with Halo than without.

Stew

Message 3 of 11

Thank you for that - I've never seen this price list - it's a good starting point. Given the price she offered was 41.99 it would appear she was talking about the non - Halo package anyway, but around 11/month increase rather than the 8/month I was given earlier in the week - I should have bitten then! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Well, BT retentions couldn't match the earlier offer of 8/month for Complete Wi-Fi, but by including Halo and juggling my mobile figures, they came out with a total price that is very close to the original deal. However, my main concern is that while I'm 'officially' on Fibre 1 at the present, it was pointed out by the guru's on here that my download figures suggest I've previously been upgraded to Fibre 2, currently achieving 70Mb. The lady I dealt with would only talk about a range of download speeds, so is there any danger I may upgrade only to find myself back on a 50Mb download?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

You should get an email confirming your new deal setting out your package. You need to check to make sure it is what you agreed and show fibre 2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 11

Good idea, thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

@AndyDo 

guessing retentions is the 0800 800 030 number ? as contract due soon, so know who is best to phone for a competitive deal 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

@loudgraham

that was the number I had most success with at getting (almost) what I wanted, and my contract still has 6 months to run. But it's almost as if they don't work from the same script, as each time I've called I'm told either they can't match the previous conversation's deal or the product isn't available like that, etc, but then to be fair they've adjusted various other bits of my packages to virtually arrive at the same point. Probably as well to take the deal there and then if you're happy.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

@AndyDo don't worry about the speed, if you're on halo you get the fibre 2 speeds

Message 10 of 11

@AndyDo  thanks for the info. yes it seems daily the deals change etc but at least ur's was sorted ie the price