cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Confusion about Installation Dates for Full Fibre and Switching from another Provider

Hi,

I just ordered BT Full Fibre 300 and I’m a bit puzzled about the installation dates and switching from my old product with another provider.

I’m currently on ADSL from TalkTalk and phone line from BT.

Looking around the internet, I’ve read that the only time I’d need to inform my current provider I’m leaving them would be if I was moving from Virgin Media, however as I’m not, I have no reason to contact them and the switchover would be automatically coordinated, with dates lining up as best they could between providers to minimise outage.

In my order email, BT have advised that my service for phone and broadband will start on 20th July, but installation of the FTTP equipment by Openreach will occur on 12th August.

My current rolling contract with TalkTalk is due to renew on 10th July, which would give me broadband service until 10th August.

Do I have to stop my TalkTalk contract from renewing on 10th July, then wait two months to be able to use the new broadband and phone services from BT? I’d rather not be without internet access, so if I allow my TalkTalk broadband only contract to renew on the 10th July, will this stop the installation of my BT service from going ahead on 20th July/12th August?

Is it correct that I’ll have almost a month’s worth of paid-for service to my property from BT without having the equipment installed that would allow me to use the broadband (regarding the service starting on 20th July but equipment install on 12th August)?

Just looking for some information to make the picture clearer as I’m pretty confused by the dates given by BT - as you can tell I haven't changed broadband providers for 10+ years and so this is all new to me.

Many thanks for your help!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Confusion about Installation Dates for Full Fibre and Switching from another Provider

Give the FTTP team a ring, they will put your mind at rest. 0800 587 4787

Message 3 of 3

Re: Confusion about Installation Dates for Full Fibre and Switching from another Provider

Thanks for the number!

Got in touch with both BT and TalkTalk and from what I understood I'll be charged for the 10 days of TalkTalk use up until the 20th, then will have services from BT from the 20th but will have to use mobile broadband as a stopgap while it gets installed between the 20th July and 12th August, but my phone will be useable.

Expecting to be charged for the full bill by TalkTalk as me switching to BT is probably classed as stopping my service early, but will find out in due course. 

0 Ratings