Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
yoursfrustrated1958
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Congestion and REIN

Go to solution

I and my neighbours have daily and weekend drop-outs, dropping my broadband speed to as low as 0.08 between 18 and 22.00 hrs.  I have had about 25 openreach engineer visits but all during the daytime when speeds are ok...Openreach wont arrange engineers to come at the time faults are known to occur.

The engineers all tell me its a waste of their time coming unless its at a time when the faults are known to occur.

I have tested the line for REIN using radio receiver set to 612mhz and regularly detect interference at a point where the overhead line is crossed by high voltage electric cables.

I emailed the CEO and my case was picked up by the executive level complaints team.

BT executive case manager has now confirmed there is congestion and REIN, although Openreach say the REIN wouldnt cause the fault, (even though they havent tested during the hours it occurs!).

As Openreach wont do anything BT have stated there is nothing else they can do.

Apart from referring to Communications ombudsman, is there anything else I can do?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Congestion and REIN

Go to solution

Can you post router stats. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information. If hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk 

run btspeedtester and when first test completes run diagnostic test and post results. Run test when download speed appears ok then run again when you think it shows your problem. Don't run another test after the poor results. Must be done with wires connection

http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

which exchange and cabinet are you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
yoursfrustrated1958
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hub6A

Firmw  SG4B1000E016

UPDATE  20 MAY 2019

board  1

Gui  1.105.0

DSL UPTIME  3days, 15hours, 41 min, 6 secs

Data                       1.12 / 11.47

Max data rate    1119/12282

Noise                    6.2 / 7.1

Line                     32.2

Sign at.           0 / 32.2

Vpi                 0/38

Mod             G 993 2 annex b

Latency      fast path

Data sent 2461 up / 3025 down

Bt wi fi active

2.4 ghz   smart channel 12

5 ghz     smart  channel 36

Secur     wpa2

Wireless mode    1

Firewall   on

Boot loader 9.2.0

0 Ratings
yoursfrustrated1958
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

First test  8.08 down, 0.53 up. 970 latency.

I cant never get past the first page on the advanced diagnostics ....I enter my phone number but the test wont run.

0 Ratings
yoursfrustrated1958
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

First test  8.08 down, 0.53 up. 970 latency.

I can never get past the first page on the advanced diagnostics ....I enter my phone number but the test wont run.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Have you tried using a different browser.  Often works with Edge

if still nothing try speedtest.net

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
yoursfrustrated1958
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Sorry for the delay. Using Edge certainly worked, but although I can run test and diagnostic when the broadband speed is good, when the speed drops to levels of 0.4  0.16   or 0.27 (as it is tonight) I can run the test but not the diagnostics! Is the speed just too low?

When the speed is good I get the following diagnostic report :-

Downstream

Speed  9.92

Max achieve  9.97

Acceptable range 6.98 to 9.97

IP profile   9.97

Upstream

Speed   1.02

Max achieve  20

IP profile   20

Any thoughts ?

Thanks for your advice.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Which exchange are you connected to?

0 Ratings
yoursfrustrated1958
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I'm in Llangollen, Denbighshire.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @yoursfrustrated1958,

Thank you for posting. I've checked the exchange in Llangollen and it not reporting any congestion issues.

I understand from your first post that your complaint has been picked up by the executive level complaints team.

They're really the best team to deal and they'll do everything they can to get your service repaired. If they can't repair the service or identify the source of the REIN interference, they are able to give you BT final position if you wish to take your case to the ombudsman for review.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings