Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveTheChef
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

Congestion on infinity 1 line

Go to solution
Hi I have had infinity for a while now, never had an issue until now. I useually have speeds between 45-50 mbps. But the last few weeks it has been decreasing late afternoon - evening where around 8pm it will be around 3-4mbps which obviously is no good for Netflix etc. I have been in contact with BT customer care team which after several resets of my line etc called out an engineer. The engineer came out early afternoon and tested my line, I did say to him that I don’t have the issues until late afternoon early evening. He couldn’t find anything wrong with my line itself. He made a phone call to see the history on my line then informed me my issue was congestion. He asked if he could move my socket on the exchange and he was told no.
I had a follow up call the next day on which I informed them of the congestion issue. The woman on the phone said she can clear the congestion from her end and got authority off her line manager to do so. Now I’m in the 2 week monitoring my line part.

What I’m trying to ask is CAN anything be done from by office end for congestion? Or have I been sold a lie to bide them some time?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 29

Re: Congestion on BT Infinity

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Please read the information on this page and follow the instructions there.

Action to take when download speed are dropping during peak times

Thanks

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 29

Re: Congestion on BT Infinity

Go to solution

Neither the customer care team nor Openreach engineers can do anything about congestion issues. The resolution lies wholly with BTWholesale.

Use @Keith_Beddoe's link for the steps you can take to get this resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 29

Re: Congestion on infinity 1 line

Go to solution
Doing a Lift and Shift to another DSL Port in the DSLAM won’t help a Congestion Issue at BT Wholesales end.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @SteveTheChef

Welcome and thanks for your post!

What exchange are you connected to and I'll check for any known issues?

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
SteveTheChef
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution
Hello thanks for your reply, I’m on wootton bassett exchange, the problem is in the late afternoon and evenings. I’m checking my speed on the by wholesale site and screenshotting the results as suggested before. I’m just waiting to get 2 more results 1 this afternoon and 1 this evening. Then I will post up of this feed.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution

@RobbieMac will check the exchange for you.

Post the screenshots when you get the final low speed result, as it will help.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @SteveTheChef

Thanks for posting back!

I've had a look at this and nothing obvious stands out.  We are going to need your details to get a closer look at this for you.  

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution

@SteveTheChef wrote:
Hello thanks for your reply, I’m on wootton bassett exchange, the problem is in the late afternoon and evenings. I’m checking my speed on the by wholesale site and screenshotting the results as suggested before. I’m just waiting to get 2 more results 1 this afternoon and 1 this evening. Then I will post up of this feed.

Don't forget to run the Further Diagnostics one the first test finishes. It is the further diagnostics result you should post.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
SteveTheChef
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

1st test in eveningThankyou

I have sent a message to your team with my account details etc. Also whilst i have my computer on i will post up my speedtests 1 from last night around 8pm and 1 from this morning around 8am

2nd test early morning.png 

0 Ratings