cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Connect DrayTek router to BT Home Hub

I am trying to connect my DrayTek Vigor2862 router to my new BT home hub. I have just had FTTP installed and the engineer removed my DrayTek connection. I want to reinstall it but under the WAN2 settings I have to add a username and password. When I look in my BT home hub advanced settings it tells me  the username is  bthomehum@btbroadband.com

and that no password is required. However this does not work. Is there a different password? I have tried DrayTek help and we have checked all the settings  - they suggest the only thing that can be wrong is the username or password. Has anyone any ideas?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Connect DrayTek router to BT Home Hub

For a start you don't need to connect the Draytek to the Hub, connect it directly to the ONT instead of the hub.

Username is correct, password can be anything as one isn't required but some routers insist. Most people just enter BT.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks. OK I will try going straight to the ONT but then Im guessing my BT wifi discs wouldn't work. Previously using Rukus range extenders but since the FTTP installation have been using the BT discs as well to get wider coverage.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Which discs, white or black? White will work with any router, black only work with SH2.

If you do still use the hub connected to the ONT, that will be dealing with the PPPoE session so you don't need to configure the Draytek with the credentials.  A better alternative is to use the hub as an extra wireless access point with the Draytek as the router connected to the ONT and the hub connected to the Draytek LAN port to LAN port. Unless you have Digital Voice, in which case the hub needs to be connected to the ONT in any case.

0 Ratings