Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
belero
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Connected to same cabinet as neighbour, I cannot get Infinity

Go to solution

I have checked (using my phone number) on the BT Wholesale checker and it appears that I cannot get fibre.

However, I put my right-next-door neighbour's number into the BT Wholesale checker and it turns out that they are connected to the SAME cabinet and CAN get fibre.

Here is a screenshot of the results of the BT Wholesale checker, with mine at the top. 

comp-fttc.jpg

I want to know why my line is showing such a poor service compared to my neighbours when I am connected to the same cabinet. And I also want my service improved to the same levels my neighbours.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Connected to same cabinet as neighbour, I cannot get Infinity

Go to solution

even more strange is your neighbour can get adsl2 but you can't

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
belero
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Tonight I called for the second time this week and got absolutely nowhere. The person I spoke to in the UK options team said " well, we can't give it to you, so all you can do is wait". That's a "computer says no" if ever I heard one. Then they gave me the number for Openreach Provisions Team. Now, if I'm not wrong, Openreach don't deal with the general public. And given that The options menu asked me to choose from LLU, WLR and ICN2, i really dont think that I should be calling.
0 Ratings
Nethelp22
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

try it this way - get a new number 
such that when you enter it into the checker you get the infinity you want 

on phone to BT say you're having some probs with nuisance calls
if they are able to give you the new number my system might work.

choice between keeping old number or getting Infinity 
good luck 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to three working days for them to re-contact you.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi belero,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll look into this for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

belero
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I'm pleased to say that my issue has now been resolved. After the mods got in touch, I was able to order Infinity and have now been connected.