cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macmark
Message 1 of 2

Connecting RJ11 extension socket

Hello,

Forgive me if this question has been answered already somewher....BUT... I want to move my hub.

My master socket is in a place that is inconvenient for Hub placement but there is a RJ11 socket where I want the hub to be, I opened it up and there are two wires connected across 4 pins, can't remember the numbers at the moment. The cable goes back to the master socket but is not connected. My question is.......what do I connect a) Inside the master socket and b) what pins do I then connect to in the RJ11 socket? I only want data, don't need phone line. The cable is twisted pair cable.....I'm assuming that a previous person had BT tv or something. Hope that makes sense.....any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Connecting RJ11 extension socket

This was recently. https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-broadband/Nte5c-master-socket-plus-extention/m-p/1887858#M27...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings