Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Connecting to Cabinet

Hello, 

I'm loking for some help as I am having some trouble with internet speeds at my home. I moved into a new build about 4 years ago and found I didn't have a phone connection. Having applied to different service providers, I settled on Talk Talk (long story). Contractors for open reach visited my property on 4 occasions to much frustration until eventually I badgered one into wiring my house to a telephone pole which runs at the back of my garden. Unfortunately, this connection is very slow and connectivity drops regularly (I've tried a new router to no avail). 

Having checked the BT broadband checker (attached), I can see that I could get much faster speeds if I was connected to the cabinet less than 150 yards away. Is there a process of getting connected to that? - I have a neighbour who has the same issue, so any additional cost that might need to be incurred can be split 50/50.  

I just want to know what my options are as I'm just tired of the poor connection I get. 

Broadband check.pngMarylebone Map.jpg

Key for the map is as follows:

Green - Cabinet

Sand - BT Manhole covers

Red - My drive and front property

Red Star - The properties

Yellow - Cable connection to telephone pole

Brown - Line of telephone poles at rear of property. 

Many thanks in advance of your help. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Connecting to Cabinet

You could use this form to ask Openreach if you can pay for the switch.

https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

1. This is a BT Retail forum and has nothing to do with Openreach that own the network.

2. Individual lines can't just be transferred from one caabinet to another, a complete network re-arrangement is required to do that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Have a look at this link and in particular the question "There is another cabinet near me accepting orders...."

https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/help-support/when-can-i-get-fibre-faqs

0 Ratings