cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zcwaa22
Message 1 of 8

Connection Nightmare - Faulty Fibre Port - 2 Engineers so far

Hi,

We've been having problems with our new inifinity service.

On Weds 19th the service was due to start, the broadband worked wonderfully well but our phone line was dead. A call to Bt and we were told it would eb fixed within 24hrs. 24hrs later and still no phone line we called again and were told that we had to wait another 24hours but the engineer was working on it. Still no phone line by Saturday so I called again and was told that the engineer had finished his work and another engineer would have to be sent out to fix the problem. 

On Tuesday the 25th the 2nd engineer called our landline to tell us it was fixed! But that our broadband which had been working was now broken due a faulty fibre port, call your provider and explain you have a faulty fibre port.

We did this and after a number of tests were told that there were problems on the line, however after going through some questions we would have to be sent a new HomeHub, I gave in after pleading there was nothing wrong with our HomeHub as it had been working previously. We now await a new HomeHub after which I guess I'll have to wait for a 3rd engineer to come out.

Is there any way to speed this process up and get an engineer to come asap, it will soon have been two weeks with an awful service.

Thanks in advance,

Will

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Connection Nightmare - Faulty Fibre Port - 2 Engineers so far

all you can do is wait for Openreach to repair the faulty fibre port there is no way to speed up the wait particularly with a Bank Holiday in the way
0 Ratings
zcwaa22
Message 3 of 8

Is there any way to request an engineer without having to wait for the new HomeHub to show up?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 8

Yes if you are prepared to pay £129.00. Otherwise wait. You would have to wait for the damaged port to be repaired anyway.

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

Engineer should have done a lift and shift. If he's closed the job complete it will need to be reported again.
0 Ratings
zcwaa22
Message 6 of 8

I think he did close the job as back then he was tasked with fixing the telephone which he did, its just now the broadband is off. I'll wait for the homehub to arrive and contact customer services when that doesnt work, dont fancy paying the £129.  Does anyone know if BT have a mechanism to offer compensation for the time with phone/broadband?

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

I doubt if its the home hub. If a phone technician came out, they may have bypassed the Infinity cabinet to get the phone working, until the faulty port in the Infinity cabinet is sorted. The card in the cabinet has to pass both phone and broadband.

Its also possible that the tie cable between the main cabinet and the Infinity cabinet, has a faulty pair.

If the phone is working, then its unlikely to be a fault at your end if you haven`t changed anything.

You need to make sure there is still a broadband fault showing as outstanding against your line, otherwise its not going to be fixed.

If there is no fault showing, then re-report it.

0 Ratings
zcwaa22
Message 8 of 8

Thanks for all your help, the fault is still open so I'll just sit tight.

0 Ratings