cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zMiles
Message 1 of 4

Connection Speed

Since last saturday my PC has been getting 0-2 m/bs connection speed, while both my brothers are getting around 120 m/bs as the connection speed, with this I'm literally unable to do anything, as soon as I even go on google my ping shoots up to around 4000. This will happen with no one else in the house and only affects me, I've tried contacting BT twice and nothing has been resolved.
Also before anyone mentions it may be to do with my PC itself, on the tuesday I wiped everything but still the problem persists, what can I do to fix this? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Connection Speed

are you on fibre or adsl?

you need to post stats from your router and also btspeedtester diagnostic results

are you using wired or wireless conenction?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
zMiles
Message 3 of 4

Fibre

• Download1.82Mb
  • Upload0.77Mb

Wireless

There's nothing wrong with the router though it's only effecting me

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

that is very low speed for fibre and more like adsl

you need to post router stats to help members help you

you also need to run btspeedtester diagnostic test with wired conenction

btspeedtester

if you are using wireless have you tried using an ethernet cable and see if your connection improves?

have you tried updating the driver for your wireless card from manufacturers website and not rely on windows?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings