cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Connection down

Hi,

My connection has been down for about an hour. Router just showing a solid orange light. I've done all the usual checks to see if the phone line is OK etc and turned the router off for a bit.

Tried to report the fault online but just get stuck in an endless loop on the bt site. Got as far as the troubleshooter which concludes something is going on that might affect service. However when I look at my support tickets I don't have an open one for this current outage just a closed one from a few months back nor are any specific issues flagged on the BT site that might explain the current outage.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Connection down

Hi @kjwng8, I'm sorry you're having issues with your connection. It can take a little time from reporting the issue before tracking info is shown. If you login to the BT fault tracking website on this link can you see any info?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

did you try going to 'help' at top of page and then check service in my area and see is any problems not just you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Yes and no issues were logged. I've woke up this morning and it is working again - just have no idea why it was down or what the problem is
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Nope - no open faults in there. The last one is from an issue I reported in June which is now closed. It is all working fine this morning but I have no idea what the issue was and slightly disconcerting that BT had nothing about known outages nor have they created an incident off the back of my reporting it. The closest I could get is when using the troubleshooter/diagnostics tool and at the end of that process it just said they're doing some work on the network but nothing was posted in terms of official outages/known issues. Really strange.
0 Ratings