cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Connection dropping frequently also when someone calls

Hello

Lately my connection has been dropping out frequently, usually at least once per week minimum. It’s now dropping with incoming calls, the connection will often drop out once sometimes twice per call.

I tried the line test on the BT site and it came back as no issues.

I have tried the 17070 quiet line test into the test socket using a corded phone and there was no perceivable noise.

Our setup is a MK4 faceplate, BT Smart Hub on firmware E020 updated March 2020. Phone is a Panasonic DECT model. We’re FTTC connection.

I’ve read on this forum about certain models of Panasonic phones causing disconnects, but I doubt this is the issue considering it’s just started happening and we’ve had the phones 6-7 years.

There are no other sockets in the house or extension wiring, only the master.

We’ve noticed since Storm Arwen it seems to be more frequent. Our line is fed into the house underground from across the street. Previously we would get 2 weeks or more before the line would reset but lucky to get a few days now before a drop, sometimes more than 1 per day.

Any suggestions or any trouble shooting to try would be much appreciated? I have already ordered a new MK4 faceplate to try.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Connection dropping frequently also when someone calls

@loanhead 

Try using the test socket for a while, to see if the problem persists.

Keith_Beddoe_1-1617562446451.jpeg

There are know issue with this NTE.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/2019-Master-Socket-kit-loose/m-p/1985566#M67755

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Faceplate seemed secure, regardless I have just bought a new dangly micro filter and plugged into the test socket. I’ll leave it for a week and see how it goes.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Random drop out today after only being online since Saturday. Still plugged into the test socket with micro filter.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

now you have filter in test socket are you still dropping connection when you receive phone calls?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

It hasn’t when I’ve called the house from my mobile, but it doesn’t happen with every call.

I’ve just noticed todays random drop out was a false alarm and not random, the firmware on the smart hub updated. So I’ll monitor for another week starting today.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Connection dropped out just after midnight, no-one called it was just a random disconnection this time.

Is it possible that the router is starting to have issues? I’ve never considered it because it’s not something that’s ever happened to me in the past.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@loanhead wrote:

Connection dropped out just after midnight, no-one called it was just a random disconnection this time.

Is it possible that the router is starting to have issues? I’ve never considered it because it’s not something that’s ever happened to me in the past.

That would most likely be initiated by BT, as part of the Dynamic Line Management. This has been observed by plenty of other customers. It may settle down after a few weeks, once the line profile is stable. It only happens if you are using a BT Home Hub.

0 Ratings