cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CocoPops
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Connection dropping

Hi all, My connection has been dropping for awhile at night, 12-2am most nights, not really a big problem to be honest but its started happening during the day, Especially for the last week, 3 drops outs today, longest was around 40 minutes, I came home tonight to find my fiber running like a pile of ... saying i was getting 25 meg on a speedtest but couldnt load a youtube video, checked the hub, My noise margin / line attenuation  had flown right up, much higher than normal so i restart everything goes back to normal, any chance it could be the weather screwing with my line?

Worth getting an engineer out to have a look?

thanks 🙂

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Connection dropping

can you post the stats from your router  the disconnections will probably increase your noise margin but should not increase your attenuation

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
CocoPops
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Just to double check, the stats in the tech log?

thanks for the help!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
CocoPops
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084319+NQ70415337

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B522

Firmware updated:

12-Jan-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 0 Hours 18 Minutes 38 Seconds

Data rate:

20.00 Mbps / 80.00 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

27194 / 113424

Noise margin:

10.2 dB / 15.3 dB

Line attenuation:

15.9 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

45153 MB Uploaded / 45429 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:
2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 1)

5 GHz wireless network name:

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

Bloody thing went off again 20 minutes ago

Thanks for the reply again, much appreciated mate

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

did you try quiet line test?

have you tried connecting to test socket with a filter to see if that improves your stability by eliminating your internal wiring and faceplate

0 Ratings
CocoPops
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Tried the quiet line test, plugged straight into the master test socket, line seems fine, spoke to my mother about it, she said the phone line was crackling last night around 7 when she was on the phone, ended up using her mobile, Ill try the line later tonight.

Ive plugged into the test socket, ill see what happens, if the it goes stable, will i just replace the socket? Its the master socket 5c

Cheers for all the help imjolly, hopefully it sorts itself out, hahaha

0 Ratings