cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Connection dropping

Hey so I am a new BT Customer since the start of my services my connection has been unstable and always dropping. There have been 5 engineer visits till date, I was called by a manager who sent me a new hub now, the hub is here but the problem is still there, now over and top of that my speed has gone down considerably to 29 Mbps. I am expected to pay for a service which didn’t work at all. I was offered a complete refund for the first month, but  I was still charged my connection problems haven’t been fixed what kind of service is this, you guys chat so much about your customer service and satisfaction but it’s absolutely miserable and frankly trash. No replies , no proper fixes and from the start of my services that would be 2nd of September I haven’t had a complete 24 hours of service, when talking about compensation they say we don’t provide compensation for dropped connections, which is understandable but their connection is basically non working because of the frequency of connection drops. I am frankly tired and completely given up and don’t know what to do.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Connection dropping

Post the connection stats from the hub. Advanced settings/technical log/information.

Try a quiet line test, 17070 option 2, best with corded phone. The line should be silent between announcements. May get a dull hum with cordless phone.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

@aadam5888 

as it says when you joined that is is a community forum where BT customers help other BT customers with their problems  your post does not go to BT

'you Guys' on this forum are all customers just like you and only BT employees are the forum mods

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Oh thank you for telling me that

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I don’t have a phone attached I just have smart hub but I’ll post the technical information
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

• Product nameBT Smart Hub 2
    Serial number+091298+2032014244
    Fireware versionv0.17.01.12312-BT (Mon May 11 18:49:53 2020)
    Board versionR01
    GUI version1.56 15_02_2019
    DSL uptime0 days 0 Hours 22 Mins 15 Secs
    Data rate5.0 Mbps / 30.0 Mbps
    Maximum Data rate25.7 Mbps / 88.3 Mbps
    Noise margin22.1/22.9
    Line attenuation8.3/10.9
    Signal attenuation6.6/12.2
    VLAN id101
    Upstream error controlOff
    Downstream error controlOff
    Data sent / received13.1 MB Uploaded / 365.1 MB Downloaded
    Broadband usernamebthomehub@btbroadband.com
    BT Wi-FiActive
    2.4 GHz wireless network nameBT-F3AKTN
    2.4 GHz wireless channelSmart (Channel6)
    5 GHz wireless network nameBT-F3AKTN
    5 GHz wireless channelSmart (Channel44)
    Wireless SecurityWPA2 (Recommanded)
    Wireless modeMode 1
    FirewallOn
    MAC addressEC:6C:9A:60:37:73
    Software variant-
    Boot loader0.1.7-BT (Thu Nov 30 09:45:22 2017)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Without a phone you can't check for line noise.

Connect directly to the test socket with filter, if the drops continue you're just going to have to bite the bullet and ring in and insist on an Openreach engineer visit.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Oh I see, thank you. I’ll order a phone then and then see what’s up

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

@aadam5888 

No need to spend more than £10 on a basic wired phone, just to check for noise. Its also useful in an emergency.

0 Ratings