cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Connection drops arround 5-10 times a day

Hi. 

Last year I had same issue when connection dropped ( Network Uptime ) few times a day. There was no issue at my address as engineer said it's due lines around got upgraded and connection can get DC now and there . After it they switched my connection in cabinet to some other connection or Smth like that, few months everything was totally fine since then but now I got those drops very very offten sometimes even once on hour. It's very uncomfortable and not interested to be like that. 

What can be done ? 

Thank you . 

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Connection drops arround 5-10 times a day

As long as you don't have digital voice can you check for a dial tone using corded handset and if tone then dial 17070 option 2 line should be silent

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

AHH , yes engineers could not locate signal from line last time as well, they were not sure is there digital voice or not but there is no signal for phone . 

Test socket act same as normal - with drops. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

So in almost two weeks time no solution at all. 

Why do I have to live with those network drops each day ? Get your things sorted , this is unacceptable. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

If you have no line noise assuming not DV then is still dropping connection in test socket then you need to report Broadband fault to 150 and get engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

I had same issue months ago like I stated in first post. Engineer visited and confirmed that there is no problem at my place but it's because of connections arround getting upgraded and it causes these drops. After those they connected me to something else at cabinet and for a while Everything was fine. But now it started again. So its just up to BT or whatever else is taking care about lines. 

We are in 2022 just open previous "fault" and see notes. + You can connect at any moment to router and see logs . No need to waste engineer and my time with uselles visits . 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

This is a customer help customer forum your post in not going to BT.  Any reports from openreach engineers who attended you home are not available to BT Retail 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi @edzusbalodis,

Thank you for posting. I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry if you've been experiencing issues with the stability of your connection. To get a better understanding of what your connection is doing, please could you post your Router Stats?

If you are using the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.  Click Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log’.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

@PaddyB  Thank you for your reply.

Here is from router logs exported xls file . Last drop from network 0 Days, 08 Hours 00 Minutes ago ( currently AM 09.39 )

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Way-qHuIdsrFQ6v8OpAf6lVuVHyuJgZR/view?usp=sharing 

Kind Regards

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

it's not the log file that mod requested it is your hub stats  if SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information - should show connection stats - speed, attainable, noise margin, connection time etc

post on forum using camera icon

how to upload photo.PNG

0 Ratings