cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Connection drops but lights on Hub stay on

Go to solution

Hello

I keep getting issues with my BB,  at random times during the day my laptop tells me that broadband is down however when i check the Hub it is still lit up as expected. Restarting the Hub resolves the issue however as i am working from home this is extremely annoying. This is a new laptop and the issue seems to have started when I got it, although this could be coincidence.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Kelly

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Connection drops but lights on Hub stay on

Go to solution

If your laptop is dropping connection are you connected to the hub with wifi and it is the wifi that is dropping not the connection to the internet confirmed with hub remaining blue

have you tried connecting laptop with Ethernet to see if problem with connection dropping continues 

have you tried changing the wireless channels?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

How do I change wireless channels

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

go to hub manager by entering 192.168.1.254 in to address bar then enter admin password, the go to wireless then change settings then select channels you decide and remember to save settings before exit

you don't have to reset your wireless devices as they will just connect to new channel

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Should i only need to do this once do you think or would I need to keep doing this?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

If you use a WiFi analyser on your phone you should be able to see the best channel for you - free channel or least congested and then make the change just once.  There is no harm if you try different channels