Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Travkell
Message 1 of 5

Connection drops out every 25 mins.

Morning all first post.

I’m sure the topic has come up before but I also have a few questions.

Hope there is someone to shed some light on my issues.

Just moved in to a new flat and the landlord deals with the net, house is relatively large and we are on the top floor.

They have the extenders to boost the signal across the floors, one in the middle floor and one on mine.

The signal strength is not the problem as the lights are always blue and on all devices full bars.

The issue is the connection dropping out every 25 mins like click Work. Sometimes I can watch a whole tv episode but most of the time I have to turn the device off and reconnect.

Had any one experienced similar?

Read previously that it could be a firmware issue on the bt hub so I am thinking to buy the netgear nighthawk to solve this, is it worth it or is there an alternate/ cheaper option?

Secondly if I did buy a different router would the bt signal boosters work still?

A friend suggested trying to get a tp link sorted but not sure this would change the connection issue.

Any help would be awesome

Thanks
Trav
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Connection drops out every 25 mins.

Welcome to this user forum.

As you are not the account holder, its going to be difficult for you to do anything like changing the router, as you would not have access to it. You probably cannot even access the connection information from the home hub.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Whatever you wish to do you must get in touch with your landlord first and obtain his permission.

Replacing the hub is easy once you have access and permission.

0 Ratings
Travkell
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the landlord is ok with the help, she is live in on the ground floor and the issue effects her also.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@Travkell wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

Yes the landlord is ok with the help, she is live in on the ground floor and the issue effects her also.

Then you can get the connection information from the following link, if you post it on this thread, then someone may be able to help.

Smart hub (HH6) connection information- you need to be connected to the home hub to see this info.

0 Ratings