cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zoesdevil81
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Connection keeps dropping since switching to BT

Hi, i have recently switched to BT from Vodafone & have a smart hub, but since doing so have been getting slower loading times with webpages, my sons PS4 has been losing connection causing him to drop out of games online & loading videos or live stream videos on social media has been poor, but i never had these isues issues with Vodafone, BT are telling me its down to too many people in my area using the network & that i am not using wired connection just wireless, can anyone point me in the right direction with what to do next or ways i which i could improve things, like the right channels, as I have a Smart Hub & not sure which channels to try for the best. Cheers. Carl.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Connection keeps dropping since switching to BT

did you turn off smart setup as turning off may help  

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

if you have the SH2 then you cannot split the 2.4/5ghz networks but you could get a wifi analyser app for your phone which will show surrounding networks and their channel  you can then try and change yours to a free channel or less used channel

post stats  advance settings then technical log information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
zoesdevil81
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

That's great, I have just a smart hub, but havent turned off smart setup, I will give that a go& download the app. Cheers, much appreciated.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

if you have the SH1/HH6 then I would split the networks as some devices don't like the networks combined

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/i-want-to-improve-my-wi-fi/how-d...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.