cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Connection keeps dropping.

We have a problem with our broadband where the connection keeps dropping. We have had this for many months. The connection drops sometimes 50+ times a day. We have raised a fault several times and each time an engineer comes out and says another engineer will come out after, but they never do and then BT close the fault unilaterally without the fault being fixed !!. I am a halo customer.

I have several issues.

-BT staff I think are encouraged to close faults asap,  which they have in our case 5 times when the fault hasn't been solved.

- The website is beyond appalling. It is almost impossible to raise a fault. It is designed to confuse and misdirect customers. It is slow and hangs when checking a fault. I can only think this is deliberate to obfuscate and put customers off. You get stuck in a loop where you click a link to go back to where you started.I have just tried to raise a fault for the 6th time and after an hour got frustrated and thought I would post on the community forum. 

- It is almost impossible to get through on the phone.

- Therefore as a customer it takes hours and hours to report a fault.

This cant be good as a corporate strategy. Your service is just bad. Bad service= unhappy customers. Unhappy customers go elsewhere.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Connection keeps dropping.

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Everything has been checked by the engineers. The line is ok. 

I am not expecting this forum to solve the problem, I am highlighting the poor customer service, and really bad website. It seems designed to be impenetrable to put people off, which is a tactic some companies use to keep costs down.

They have told us we need some rewiring of a socket, but it is difficult to do because the fault keeps on being closed.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

posting on here does not go to BT

if you want assistance with your connection problem from forum members then you need to post information.  it may be that forum members help identify the problem and if necessary get the forum mods involved who are BT employees

however choice is yours but doing nothing won't improve your connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@apb1234wrote:

Everything has been checked by the engineers. The line is ok. 

I am not expecting this forum to solve the problem, I am highlighting the poor customer service, and really bad website. It seems designed to be impenetrable to put people off, which is a tactic some companies use to keep costs down.

They have told us we need some rewiring of a socket, but it is difficult to do because the fault keeps on being closed.

@apb1234This seems like a contradiction. If you need some rewiring of a socket then the line is not OK unless it is an extention socket. Have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if it improves your connection?

Do you have any noise on your line when connected to the test socket? 17070 option 2, best with corded phone.