Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AlanS
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Connection problems on Infinity

I was wondering if someone could help me with my ongoing drop in broadband connection. Sorry if this all sounds a bit basic...but am wondering if I am asking for trouble or should infinity be able to deal with all this?

My set up:

Infinity HH3/Modem via Powerline adaptors in bedroom with a wired connection to a fairly old desktop

BT Vision box via adaptors in living room running extra channels via broadband (I am multicast enabled)

Apple TV 3 (wired)/Roku LT (wireless)/G Midnight box (wired) connected via a ethernet switch in living room to main TV

Laptops x 2 (wireless)

Internet radio (wireless) but rarely on

Multiple mobile phones

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Connection problems on Infinity

Does the connection drop on the desktop with the wired Ethernet connection?

0 Ratings
AlanS
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Connection problems on Infinity

The kids sometime complain it's slow but I put it down to the age of the desktop.

My mulitcast channels stutter but since my eldest got a new laptop I've noticed the change...I normally reboot the V box and they appear...if that helps

I suppose I'm asking something obvious...the connection slows depending on the number of folk using devices???

Am thinking of going for a wired connection from the hub to the V box...though they're in different rooms. Would that help the connection overall?

0 Ratings