Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
davidfm
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Connection problems with ASUS DSL-N66U

Hi all,

I've been having some problems lately when using my ASUS Modem/Router instead of the BT Home Hub 5. Before I continue, let me say I've been using this router for a couple of months with no problems until now.

I have Infinity 2 with the 78Mb download speed. My sync speed was always that, no problem at all However, I noticed my connection was slower than usual and checked the router. The sync speed went to to ~50Mb (for the download side) and the upload sync speed is still the same ~20Mb.

Also, I noticed something strange, which I hope you can help me with:

1) My ISP when using both the ASUS and the Home Hub 5 was always BT.

2) Now, suddenly, when I connect using the ASUS the ISP BT Public Internet Service

3) I tried connecting the Home Hub again and the ISP is back to being BT

I tried options 2 and 3 several times today with the same result.

I haven't changed anything at all on the ASUS router and, as I said before, it was working fine.

Do you have any advice?

Thank you very much!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Connection problems with ASUS DSL-N66U

If you've been changing routers numerous times it may have caused DLM to band your line as it will think you have a dropping connection issue.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
davidfm
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thanks Webby, that might've happened as well. But what about the "different" ISP? That, and my speed problems started before I started changing the routers today.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Where are you seeing this? On a speedtest website?

I don't think it makes any difference, it certainly wouldn't have any affect on your sync rates.

Have you tried connecting to the test socket? If not, could you do that and then post up the connection stats from either router. What is the current max attainable rate showing as?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

did you ever find a solution to this issue i have just bought the same router and have the same result my connection has fdropped to 31mb down and 20 up and on the homehub 5 it was 78down and 20 up but homehub was always dropping ips for devices and was sick of resetting it 3 times a day and it says the same in my network connections bt public service

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Firstly make sure you have the latest firmware & then post back the DSL settings you're using. Also the DSL log which will show your connection speeds etc.

0 Ratings
jpf1101
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I now have this router. Only way to get it working was by choosing BT Infinity 2 setting ( even though my account says I am on BT Infinity 1).

However 

a) Max speed is 30mb, Homehub gives me 48-49mb - that's lan to pc.

b) Wireless speeds terrible after a few hours , drop to 0.5-3mb, on all devices.

Which settings pages do I need to upload here for some help please

ta

PS It's on latest fw 1.1.1.3

0 Ratings