cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nblackburn
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Connection restarts every 10 days exactly

For the last few months my connection is getting restarted every 10 days exactly. I assume it must be my router triggering this (HH6) and not DLM? There's nothing obvious in its event log though.

My connection has been banded for well over a year but if it was DLM doing the restart it would wait until the middle of the night? 

Thanks.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Connection restarts every 10 days exactly

Normally the posts are about 14 day restarts but a few were getting it every 10 days. Having had the 14 day reset it always reconnected immediately and always at same speed after as before reset Only real solution I think is a 3rd party router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

@nblackburn wrote:

For the last few months my connection is getting restarted every 10 days exactly. I assume it must be my router triggering this (HH6) and not DLM? There's nothing obvious in its event log though.

My connection has been banded for well over a year but if it was DLM doing the restart it would wait until the middle of the night? 

Thanks.

Its BTs WAN Management Protocol (also called TR-069) which allows the Auto-Configuration Server (ACS) to perform auto-configuration, provision, collection, and diagnostics , and send them to BT. That is a built in function of the BT Home Hubs.

You may see a reference to TR-069 or ACS, in the event log if you filter the results.

0 Ratings
nblackburn
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

I was wondering why my search for '10 days' didn't throw up any results related to this! It probably started happening with the May firmware update.

I do get ACS and TR69 references in the event log but not around the time of the restart.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

The 14 day reset has been on the go far longer than the may update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 12

@nblackburn wrote:

I was wondering why my search for '10 days' didn't throw up any results related to this! It probably started happening with the May firmware update.

I do get ACS and TR69 references in the event log but not around the time of the restart.

Is it 10 days or 14 days for the restart?

Check your your homehub from the HH6 manager at 10 / 14 day intervals. There’s no need to go into advanced settings. When you see a restart as seen in the number of days of connection time, then look into advanced settings event logs

For example, someone here has a HH6 which is due to reset Thursday midnight. There’s nothing to be done as the connection speeds remain roughly the same, after the reset.

From past experience, if your hub is resetting in the day, at 7-00pm, after 14 days,, say.......it will eventually change to midnight after an unscheduled restart .  You have to wait.....!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
nblackburn
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

@imjollywrote:

The 14 day reset has been on the go far longer than the may update

Mine is 10 days and has only started doing it in the last few months. It was fine before, used to get to 20+ days. I don't mind it restarting, but it does it during the day which can be annoying. 

0 Ratings
nblackburn
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

@Ribblelancswrote:

@nblackburnwrote:

Is it 10 days or 14 days for the restart?

Check your your homehub from the HH6 manager at 10 / 14 day intervals. There’s no need to go into advanced settings. When you see a restart as seen in the number of days of connection time, then look into advanced settings event logs

For example, someone here has a HH6 which is due to reset Thursday midnight. There’s nothing to be done as the connection speeds remain roughly the same, after the reset.

From past experience, if your hub is resetting in the day, at 7-00pm, after 14 days,, say.......it will eventually change to midnight after an unscheduled restart .  You have to wait.....!

10 days for me. The restart is always 10 days to the second so it will do it during the day, it's never changed to midnight having done it several times.

My speed is banded so it never changes anyway.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 9 of 12

Since recontracting to the new BT Plus state of things, there have been various restarts at random times, presumably to optimise the speeds, snr margins etc. Eventually the restart has settled down to a 14 day cycle, now at midnight on the 14th day. Previously the restart time had been at 7-00 pm, advancing by 20 mins each period...so eventually it would have ended up at midnight, some time next year. However by a stroke of fortune, somehow the system intervened to set the restart time to midnight.

If you know the exact time "to the dot" when you hub restarts in the 10 day cycle, then wait for about 20 -30 mins after that time, then open up the Hub Manager. In advanced settings you then the pinpoint that time in the event logs, to see what has happened.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 10 of 12

Mine resets every one or two days at totally random times, mainly during the hours of darkness.

Fortunately the speeds only vary by a few Mbps and since my problems of May, and the fix by OR on 11-6, at speeds which I can't complain about.

0 Ratings