cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milton5a
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Connection times out opening pages - iphone 6 & Macbook Pro :( frustrated!!

I've come to the end of my teather, can anyone help?!!

I've been using BT inifinity for 1+ years with no problem and same setup as now. 

Three weeks ago there was a fault at the exchange, BT said they fixed it. 

Since then, my iphone 6 and Macbook Pro takes ages to open pages or the connection times out. BT have sent out a new smart hub 6 and the problem still happens. 

* The windows laptop does not have this issue (using wireless)

* The smart TV allows netflix to play perfectly - however it will not play any videos on You Tube.

* Speed shows as fine, connection strong.

* I've seperated bands, I'm only using wpa2. 

* BT won't send out an engineer as they say the singal is fine and it's my set up (no problem before the issue at the exchange)

I want to cancel BT, it was a great service but I'm still in contract so they will charge me. I might just have to do this as I need internet for work projects. Does anyone have any ideas? 

Many thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Connection times out opening pages - iphone 6 & Macbook Pro :( frustrated!!

Wireless problems have nothing to do with exchange problems wireless problems are within your own set up there is nothing an engineer visit would do to solve your wireless problem this applies to all providers not just BT
0 Ratings
milton5a
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

As I said, other wireless devices work apart from my Apple devices. Others have had the same issue with Apple devices on the smart hub. So no, I don't agree that it's my set up to blame. It's the same set up for 1+ year.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

If you haven't already done it make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Homehub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

0 Ratings
milton5a
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I've done this, same issue unfortunately.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

the problem is not just with the home hubs going back to the hub 2 it happens with some third party routers as well many apple devices have problems with the 5Ghz wireless channels the fact that other devices work ok shows it is nothing to do with your connection I would suggest you try connecting the apple devices only using the 2.4Ghz wireless channels
0 Ratings