cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 32

Re: Connection to the Internet has been terminated.(Reboot,Reconfiguration,forced termination)

I have bitten the bullet and ordered a BT Halo 2 router as this issue just wont go away. It's so intermittent and doesnt occur every day, but when it does it is at 5am-ish and 3.30pm-ish.

However, I am beginning to think it may be something on the LAN that might be conflicting, but without a consistent failure I can't work out the best way to start eliminating devices from the problem. I could leave a wireshark running constantly until the issue occurs, but then I would have no idea how to interrogate the results.

HELP!

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 32

Re: Connection to the Internet has been terminated.(Reboot,Reconfiguration,forced termination)

It is astonishing so-called experts are allowed to post under their guises on this forum.

What you are seeing is DLM intervention, it nearly always happens at the early hours of the morning.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 32

Thanks for the reply Gigabit. Since getting the Halo 2 router I haven't had the issue occur once. Not sure if its a coincidence or not but for the timebeing I am a little bit happier!!

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 32

Waxil,

I'm having the same issues as you, only my disconnections are much more frequent in te last 48 hours, sometimes even hourly. This has got progressively worse, it started around 2 months ago intermittently and wasnt so bad, disconnections were largely in the earlier hours of the morning so it wasn't much of an issue. Of course with working from home and the kids schooling it's now super annoying.

I have an engineer visit scheduled for tomorrow (the 3rd one, first time they blamed my 3rd party router so I changed it to theirs, 2nd time the engineer ran line tests and reset the SNR margin to 6db and I saw definate speed improvement), but I'm not optimistic about the poblem being solved. I had a similar issue at my last property and it was caused by some corroded wiring on some underground cabling. Just wondered if switching to Halo fixed your DSL issue, at least with Halo when your physical connection fails, it keeps you connected by the mobile networks.

Best Regards,

Amit.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 32

@pumpkinlongshanks  

Halo is an add on and does nothing for your connection

have you checked for any line noise?  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 32

Hey pumpkinlongshanks,

Since upgrading to the Halo 2 router, I still have not seen the issue occur once.

Still none the wiser as to why it never worked on the old router so for now I'm crossing my fingers and hope that it's resolved.

Might be worth noting that I never used the built in wifi on the BT routers as I have 2 Draytek access points in the celings which work really well and have several advanced features that you dont get on the ISP's router. I also dont use the BT router for DNS and instead use a Raspberry Pi 1 with pi-hole on it. I do have a lot of devices connected both via a PoE switch & via the wifi access points, so maybe the old routers just didnt like having so much connected. It must be the norm these days anyway what with WFH and home schooling.

I hope you get your issue resolved and that they dont try charging you for the engineer to visit. It would be great to see your error log & keep us updated with the progress of your issue.

All the best 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 32

I’ve been having the same issues
Working from home problem started as intermittent.
Engineer came it’s my equipments fault....let my employer know, they supply a whole lot of new equipment.
Problem still there, still BT insist it’s my employers systems
After a while employer confirms it’s my speeds. Ring BT they test my speeds send a whole lot of new equipment out. Still problem there, the solution is to upgrade to 4G halo which is a whole lot of money more and a minimum contract term of 24 months, I’m not keen but do as it’s Hobsons Choice.
4G mini hub arrived (this is temporary fix) works, sign up to 4G hub arrived not working again.
Talk to a friends son who advises me to google throttling, guess what I’ve been shafted. When you ring up to speak to BT technical, basically they say they can’t help as soon as they see you’re not on the best package and put you through to sales.
Throttling is where they are slowing your speeds down to scam you into getting a more expensive package
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 32

Google throttling is all I’ll say 

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 32

Thanks for all your input guys. 

No evident noise on the line, tested with a corded phone. In the first engineer visit, I should have known they would 'hold their hands up' when he saw my router, like Waxil it was a superior piece of hardware so I was using that.

Anyways, I replaced it with the BT Hub and as the problem persisted they couldn't blame me anymore. I was getting 67mb/s down and 18.7 mb/s up speeds and the data sync with the hub was 120000, so in terms of performance I was super happy. With the SNR tweak that speed went up to 71mb/s and 18.9mb/s up, but I wonder whether that has increased the frequency of disconnections. I'm not more than 150 metres from the cabinet itself and live in a new build (2015), the engineer was pleased with the connection coming into the property. I went 6 days over the Xmas period without any disconnections and then steadily it creeped right up.  I shall post my log and see what you sages make of it.

I realise Halo is a product and won't have any real impact on the DSL connection, but was intrigued to read Waxil's problems stopped as he switched to the new hardware. I'd much rather change to a different ISP (Idnet, Zen or AAISP) than buy into Halo, the issue is they would still use the same connection from the cabinet so would it really make a notable difference?

Thanks,

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 32

@waxil  There is no such thing as a Halo 2 router. It is a BT Smart Hub nothing more.

0 Ratings