Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Connection

Hi

For around 3 or 4 months our internet connection drops out between 7pm and 9am. During the day it's fine. Some stuff works like our firestick. However our phones drop out and xbox live won't work.

I have contacted bt numerous times, had an engineer out. Still we get the same problem.

Anybody else ever had this issue?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Connection

can you post hub stats  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

if the firestick works ok that would suggest your connection is ok so is it just other wireless devices that have a problem? do you have devices connected with ethernet and if so are they ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Tried plugging xbox in with ethernet, but it still didn't work. When using phones or laptop it says unstable connection whenever we try to go on a website

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

post stats

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone from the test socket

have you tried using test socket with a filter to see if that helps

do you have anything in your home that comes on at 7 and off again at 9?  do you have parental controls active?  have you checked MYBT just in case

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I did wonder if it was something I was doing, but parental controls are off. Around the same time as this started happening I started using bt web protect and the bt virus protection. Coincidence?

I'll try the line test after 7pm, see if that throws anything up.

Thanks for the replies btw

0 Ratings