cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Connectivity issues since BT were in my street!

I've been on BT broadband for around 18 months and up until around 6 months ago my broadband was rock solid. However BT engineers were on my street and messed about with the telegraph poles in the street. 

Since then I've been having issues. Firstly my router would randomly reset itself and drop connection. I received a new hub and that worked for a short while but now my issue is my internet connection drops even though my hub has a solid blue light. 

I have to reset the router to get my connection back. A bt engineer visited and said no issues but there must be something wrong as my connection keeps dropping.  

I was watching sky TV this morning and it said no internet but my hub was solid blue light. 

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Connectivity issues since BT were in my street!

@Broadbanduser223 

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

If you just have a blue light then,

Try a factory reset of the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

Then turn off smart setup.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Connectivity issues since BT were in my street!

there are no BT Engineers - all the engineers are openreach and although part of BT Group are not connected to BT retail anymore than they are connected to other ISPs

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings