cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: Consistently low speed (1.75mbps)

I have the log file from the 20th March to the 31st March. When searching the spreadsheet file on excel for WAN. The only results are 6 of these, all on the 20th March (The first day of uptime if that matters):
15:56:40 20 Mar. WAN connection PTM connected
13:20:24 20 Mar. WAN connection PTM connected
13:12:15 20 Mar. WAN connection PTM connected
12:42:22 20 Mar. WAN connection PTM connected
11:18:03 20 Mar. WAN connection PTM connected
10:22:16 20 Mar. WAN connection PTM connected

All on the 20th March, after this day no WAN messages are there and the log goes up until the 31st March. Would this count as a stable connection?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

the sort of information you are looking for you see an example on 4/4 when hub dropped or was reset - new connection speed and noise margin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

Unfortunately I only downloaded the log on the 31st so I only have the data for up until there. The connection drop on the 4th was done deliberately by me by unplugging it all and trying another socket in my house.

I have noticed in the log the following message has occurred 6 times:

20 Mar. DSL Link Up: Down Rate=1999Kbps

Like the other message all of these happened on the 20th March. Next to it is the connection speed and margin. The connection speed is unchanged at 799kbps throughout. The SNR margin down varies from 30.9 to 31.3.

There are no DSL Link Down messages in the 11 day period.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

I tried downloading the log again and it does have data for 4/4!
However its the same WAN message without any change other than 1 extra message and also there are no DSL Down messages.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

As there is no instance of DSL downtime in the 15 day time period and thats a long enough time period to demonstrate a stable connection surely thats sufficient for a DLM reset? Sorry for being insistent - but the 1.75mbps download speed when we're contractually promised vastly more is very difficult.
0 Ratings