Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrdnbyd
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Constant Disconnect Issues with HH5 for nearly a year

Hi Guys,

I have had an issue with my internet since April 2015 and I still can’t get a resolution with BT.

My HH5 will randomly disconnect from the internet and the light will turn orange. 2 minutes later it will return to blue and the internet is usable again. This happens about 3 times a day and is really annoying, especially when trying to work from home.

I have contacted BT constantly regarding this issue and after numerous HH5 replacements and dozens of line tests (all coming back with no line fault) I requested an Engineer to visit my property to see if there was a hardware issue either in my home or at the cabinet. BT has refused this time and time again as, according to them, there is no fault with my line. Their solution is to just send me another home hub that resolves nothing.

I have taken this issue to the Ombudsman and they have instructed that BT should send an engineer out to carry out checks on my property to identify any faults that might be apparent however every time I have called BT the agent I speak to reads from the same old script and I have to follow the same line tests, checks and have the same standard “There is no fault on your line, we will send you a replacement home hub” response.

Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, did you find a resolution?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks 🙂

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Constant Disconnect Issues with HH5 for nearly a year

Hi @jrdnbyd and welcome.

I'm sorry you've had connection problems for so long. Are the drops on a wired or wireless connection? is there any noise on the line? Can you try a quiet line test by connecting a working corded phone to the test socket behind the master faceplate and dial 17070 option 2? If you can give us as much detail as possible I'm sure we'll be able to help you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
jrdnbyd
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Hi David,

The drops are on all devices, both wired and wireless. I just got home and did the quiet line test and couldn't hear anything for a full 3 minutes. Not sure what else I can do to rectify this but im open to ideas!

Thanks for getting back to me 🙂
J
0 Ratings
billybob99
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

I was getting constant dropouts and the orange flashing light every day or so then after taking advise here i plugged home hub straight into the test socket and speed increased and dropouts stopped i then bought a filtered faceplate got rid of the micro filters and and its been perfect  since

0 Ratings
jrdnbyd
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Hey Billybob99,

I have a filtered faceplate already I believe, atleast when the engineer first installed the internet (many years ago) he replaced the faceplate on the master socket and told me I no longer needed a filter on that socket. Still have one on the other socket in the bedroom. Is that right? Or am I missing something?

Thanks
J
0 Ratings
billybob99
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

im fairly sure if you have a filtered faceplate you dont need any filters and that could be the cause of your issues

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

if I doubt leaving the filter in will not cause any problems
0 Ratings
jrdnbyd
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

I double checked the other room and there isn't a filter, my mistake.

I also did a hard reset on my home hub to see if that would remedy the problem (after seeing other threads suggesting to do so) however I have had my connection drop this morning already. 

Below is the details of my home hub, I dont know if they could be of any use to identify the problem?  Thanks again 🙂

1. Product name: BT Home Hub

2. Serial number: +076272+NQ53019605

3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated Unknown

4. Board version: BT Hub 5A

5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 03:42:38

6. Data rate: 13378 / 43948

7. Maximum data rate: 16080 / 49620

8. Noise margin: 5.9 / 8.3

9. Line attenuation: 24.8 / 18.0

10. Signal attenuation: 24.7 / 17.5

11. Data sent/received: 540.7 MB / 7.9 GB

12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

13. BT Wi-fi: Yes

14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-NCFX

15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))

16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA2

17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)

18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-NCFX

19. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))

20. 5 GHz Wireless security: WPA2

21. 5 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)

22. Firewall: Default

23. MAC Address: a0:1b:29:69:d3:0c

24. Modulation: G.993.2 Annex B

25. Software variant: AA

26. Boot loader: 1.0.0

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 10

The easy fix is to get a third party router/modem combo.

0 Ratings
jrdnbyd
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

@pippincp wrote:

The easy fix is to get a third party router/modem combo.

Do you have any suggestions of any? I'm very unsavvy with this kind of stuff.. 🙂

0 Ratings