Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loader85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Constant Disconnections today

Hello,

Since 9am today my router has constantly been dropping connection. It literally connects and then stays connected for around 2-3 mins and then disconnects, restarting the whole process. I'm worried this will affect my line speed as it maybe seeing it as too many faults and will reduce my speed.

I'm paying for BT INFINITY 2 and before now I was only get 30down 6up , not really high speed seeing as a friend who pretty much lives round the corner has double that.

I've raised a fault and check statuses , done all the usually diagnostic stuff. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
loader85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Constant Disconnections today

Just gone 7 mins connected, then disconnected again.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
loader85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

No noise. It's still doing it now, should I turn the router off? Obviously this has probably affected my line rate but can that be fixed once the problem is sorted? I have an engineer coming tomorrow and I am told the fault seems to be internal. What sort of fault would allow me to connect then disconnect?

I haven't touched my setup for anything to happen and this is what makes these problem frustrating . I stream on Twitch.tv and upload to YouTube so at the moment I effectively can't work and once this is sorted will I be left with snail speeds ? Thanks for your reply
0 Ratings
loader85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

My stats , may be worth mentioning my wifi drops when my connection drops aswell.

[url=https://postimg.org/image/6mwhkjd07/][img]https://s23.postimg.org/6mwhkjd07/IMG_3576.png[/img][/url]
0 Ratings
loader85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

https://s23.postimg.org/l63mly657/IMG_3576.png

Sorry other link wasn't working.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 10

You noise margin would appear to show a problem with your connection or DLM intervening in an attempt to stabalise your line.

As your connection spped is less rthan half of your max attainable you need an engineer.

I presume you've tried connecting directly to the test socket to rule out internal wiring.

0 Ratings
loader85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Yeah I've tried everything. It's connected for 30 minutes now 30up 3down , looking at those stats would you be able to draw anything from it? Router ? There was an open reach engineer directly outside my house on Saturday and he was lifting up a drain cover. And messing around with stuff in there. Since he's done that I've had nothing but problems.

Thanks for your responses
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 10

Not really as adjusting the noise margin is one of the steps DLM takes to stabalise the line. Whatever there is a line problem somewhere that needs and engineer to fix.

0 Ratings
loader85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Thanks for your response
0 Ratings