cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 24

Re: Constant dropping out of BT Infinity service into HomeHub6 router and beyond

Go to solution

Advanced settings > Technical log > Event log  > Select DSL in Categories if no category for DSL select WAN then DSL events will be shown.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 24

Re: Constant dropping out of BT Infinity service into HomeHub6 router and beyond

Go to solution

From what I remember, I think you look for WAN events.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

Yeah, I thought there was a specific filter for DSL but there isn't unfortunately. You need to filter on WAN. Downtime can be calculated from timestamp of DSL Down to timestamp of DSL up

dsldown.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

@licquorice

yes going to WAN and then manually selecting the DSL was only way  there is no DSL selection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
pompey1898
Expert
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies guys.  As @imjolly said that is what he told me a while ago.  When I saw @licquorice's post I was hoping there was a quicker way than manually extracting them.

ginola14
Beginner
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

dear Sage. On checking all connections into and around the hub, I discovered that an ethernet cable into 1 of the 4 ports, the one limking to my wife's PC - had wires showing between the connector and the cable - as though someone had given it a tug. So I threw that cable away, ran a new one between Windows PC and HomeHub - and the Hubs all blue ever since...

Amazon prime working. Alexa working. Netflix working. 70meg at my wifes Windows PC and my iMac upstairs. I also unplugged 2 separate NetGear Range extenders which were effectively picking up the wifi and spreading it upstairs on the 2GB and %GB channels. I just guessed that that may have also added a layer of confusion in the house.

So as of this morning - all working - hub has 3 ethernets in - Sonos Play3, my iMac and a cable into the 32 channel Planet switch - and so far so good.

Tha ks. Do you think that the frayed Cat6 cable may have been the cause???

0 Ratings
ginola14
Beginner
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

thanks for the reply. really appreciate it. I think a lose/frayed Cat6 cable at the HomeHub now replaced may WELL have been the cause. Since I swapped that cable - which went tio my wife's Windows PC - we have had blue since 8pm last night....

0 Ratings
ginola14
Beginner
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

How does one access the HomeHub6's own log? Can one do that remotely? Or does one need to be wifi or cabled into the HH6 itself?

0 Ratings
ginola14
Beginner
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

yup a step by step guide so that the innocent untrained BTInfinity Home User can track the breaks in the BT suppy into the hub would be fantatstic

0 Ratings
ginola14
Beginner
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

so in the example the service was just down for 40 seconds?

thanks

0 Ratings