cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

****Constant flashing orange light, no internet for 2 weeks - home hub 5 *********

Hello,

My homehub 5 has had a flashing orange and no internet for a week or so, i had an engineer booked to come out and there were line problems in my area.  The internet came back briefly - but long enough for me to cancel the engineer.   It went off again immediately after i did this and had no internet since, but the area line faults have cleared.   I'm away with work and my mrs was too, expecting the line faults to be cleared and internet working - no luck.

Nothing has changed in my flat - and BT want to send the engineer but charge £130 if the fault is within my flat or hub.

Has anyone experienced this, and would they recommend I try changing the home hub 5 first?    

OR - does anyone know a solution or work around?  Any help gratefully recieved.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: ****Constant flashing orange light, no internet for 2 weeks - home hub 5 *********

Does your phone work?

are you using the test socket with a filter for your internet connection. This eliminates problem with your internal wiring cutting down possibility of a charge. The charge is advisory and is standard before engineer visit arranged

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Re: ****Constant flashing orange light, no internet for 2 weeks - home hub 5 *********

Hi, thanks for the reponse

No idea, we dont have a home phone.

WE have the original BT infinity socket the engineer had to install to get BT infinitiy.  I havent touched or played around with the socket.  The internet worked perfectly for the first month or so, then all of a sudden the internet cut out and i had a flashing orange light since.

I tried resetting the router.  I also tried turning off all the devices connected to wifi, and the homehub and restarting it.   no luck

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Sorry -  i should mention BT did a line test from their end, and couldnt pick out any problems then said i had to connect with an ethernet but i dont have a computer with an ethernet socket (macbook) and then said he needs to send the engineer out to look at the socket, connect to it to do a better line test.

the socket is in a recess in some built in seating so absolutely nothing could have tampered with this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Having a cheap corded phone would be a good idea as that would enable you to check line is actually working not just no broadband. It also enable you to check for line noise which causes problems with your broadband and Jon addition your package will probably include free weekend calls 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings