Did you mean: 
Pevadartel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 23

Constant intermittent disconnects Infinity

Go to solution

Hi,

Starting to pull my hair out:

Since around the May 2019 timeframe I am having regular disconnects on my broadband (10 to 20x per day). I have raised 4 issues with this up till now with 3x an OpenReach engineer coming out. The outcomes were:

Issue 1: Engineer tested and checked everything. Could not find any line fault or issue going from my socket down to the cabinet/exchange. Kindly got an OpenReach Mastersocket 5c installed just to eliminate the old socket (old = around 5 years as I live in a house built about 5 years ago)

Issue 2: Engineer came out, checked and measured everything. Even went as far to check one of the BT "hatches" in the ground to see if there was anything wrong. No issues found whatsoever. He kindly put a filtered faceplate on the mastersocket again to eliminate any issues with egthe micro filter

Issue 3: Convinced customer support to send a new router (HomeHub 6A, same as I already had) in case it was a router issue. Disconnects persisted

Issue 4:Engineer came out and again can not find any line issues whatsoever. Strange thing was that he did a test prior to coming to my house and got 23MB down and 2MB up but when he attached his meter into the socket he immediately got 40/10 (which I should have). His conclusion/feeling in the end is that it is still the router at fault.

I obviously could have received 2 faulty routers, but could anything else be going on? Is it worth for me to get myself a 3rd party router or insist on BT sending me a 3rd SmartHub?

My basic router stats at the moment:

BasicStats.png

My advanced stats:

AdvStats.png

When it goes wrong I have seen my upload speed going down to in the 300 Kbps! and my downstream down to under 20 MBs...

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated as this is now a very frustrating situation

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: Constant intermittent disconnects Infinity

Go to solution

Hi @Pevadartel,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry your service hasn't been repaired. I'd like to take a look at your connection and run a few checks on your line. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @Pevadartel,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you.

I've run a few checks on your connection and the stability has improved following the last engineers visit on Friday. It's should only 1 disconnection over the last 72 hours. 

How are things with your connection at your end have you noticed an improvement?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Pevadartel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

Hi Paddy,

Yes it has been more stable. Had a disconnect again this morning around 08:30 but that is it thus far. I did have that before when things became stable for a few days and then went bad again.

The only other thing which I worth mentioning (and which I mentioned to the engineers who could also see this them selves) is that there is a new estate being built right next to ours and currently building work is reduced. So I wondered and asked if that could have something to do with it. Engineers did not seem to think so unless (as per last engineers feedback) there is something on the site causing REIN but then I would probably not be the only one with issues (I haven't asked around but can do if that helps).

Ps, I did not receive any calls today so perhaps you rang the wrong number?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

I would forget about the new estate being built. That will just take you down a path to nowhere.

0 Ratings
Pevadartel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

Just had another disconnect again, this time the router also kicked my devices of it's WIFI. The hub light went to orange and then after a little while back to blue. This is what the technical log show for the WAN side:

08:33:04, 06 Aug.

:WAN: SENSING AUTO VDSL

08:32:21, 06 Aug.

ptm0.101:VLAN VLAN_DATA connected

08:32:20, 06 Aug.

:connection ATM_TV disconnected.[ERROR_USER_DISCONNECT]

:connection ATM_DATA disconnected.[ERROR_USER_DISCONNECT]

dsl:VDSL link Up: Down Rate=41181Kbps, Up Rate=9997Kbps, SNR Margin Down=0.00dB, SNR Margin Up=6.00dB

08:31:24, 06 Aug.

:VLAN VLAN_DATA disconnected

08:31:00, 06 Aug.

dsl:VDSL Link Down: duration was 85407 seconds

0 Ratings
Pevadartel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

Hi Paddy,

Thanks for your call just now. Typically just about a few minutes after I put the phone down I had a disconnect again and now my sync speeds have gone down dramatically:

Router_20190806_1221.png

Detailed stats:

Router_20190806_1221_Adv.png

Event log on WAN side:

Router_20190806_1221_ELogv.png

I am now going to restart my hub to hopefully get my sync speed back

0 Ratings
Pevadartel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

Restarted the hub, didn't want to connect at all anymore, just a flashing orange light. Switched it completely off at the wall socket and it still does not want to connect. Currently now using internet tethering via my mobile phone 😞 I will give it a few more minutes and then put another Smarthub in its place to see if it does the same...

0 Ratings
Pevadartel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

It connected again with the same of worse speeds..:

14.04 Mbps Down

404 Kbps up (!)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

need another engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings