Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pevadartel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 23

Re: Constant intermittent disconnects Infinity

Go to solution

I contact the BT helpdesk for that? Anything specific I would need to ask them as all other engineers never found any line issues or stability issues.... What is the chance I simply have 2 dodgy routers?

0 Ratings
Pevadartel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution
I have restarted it again and back to old sync speeds. However I noticed that when I tried to open the homehub dashboard it took a long(er) time to come up. Not sure if that would point at anything?
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @Pevadartel,

Thank you for posting back and for taking my call earlier. I'm sorry to see that the instability has returned.

I'm running a few checks on your line and I'll give you a call in a few minutes.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Pevadartel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

OK, will await your call. For info, just to be able to either count out or count in the router I just bought a TP-Link one I am planning to put in place of the homehub to see if that solves the issue but I will await your call before doing that

0 Ratings
Pevadartel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

Info/update:

New router has the same issue. Had a few disconnects already and the latest one resulted in the following:

stats_20190807.png

102 dB attenuation upstream whilst the downstream one seems to be OK? Is this something that looks familiar and points to a certain/specific line error by chance?

0 Ratings
Pevadartel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution
Well downstream was showing as round 6-7 dB before I believe
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @Pevadartel,

Thanks for getting back to us. As you know, @PaddyB is out of office today. I've sent him an email so he knows that you have been in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Pevadartel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

I have not seen or heard from an OpenReach engineer (they might still come.. ??)? In the meantime my connections seems to have been locked down to a slower sync:?

Data rate:

8.50 Mbps / 32.40 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

17721 / 43615

Noise margin:

13.1 dB / 9.4 dB

Line attenuation:

17.7 dB

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

if you have connection stability problems then it is normal for DLM to increase noise margin and reduce speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Pevadartel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

Understand that, putting my ongoing saga in here so the community and moderators keep appraised of what is happening. I was told an OpenReach engineer would be coming today between 8am and 1pm so assuming/hoping that will still happen (even if it is after 1pm now)

0 Ratings