cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lido
Beginner
Message 11 of 17

Re: Constant intermittent disconnects

Had the same problem..solved it by spraying half can of WD40 on the junction box.. replacing the rj11 (there was a lot of green stuff on it) and moving my landline wire away from electric wires..that actually worked :3 it might also work for u..unless ur not covered by last mile (too far from exchange) if so, it won't get solved this century
0 Ratings
MonkfishEsq
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Well the engineer I had booked never showed up yesterday. I spoke to the online support agent and he told me that it was never actually booked because "it was booked in an improper manner therefore rejected" even though I have the confirmation text from BT. 

Whatever, par for the course for this absolute joke of a support service from BT so he booked me another one who showed up today. Nice bloke who changed the wall socket to the newest version and checked the junction box which had some wires showing signs of wear which I think he replaced. He put my speed back up to 40mbs and went on his way. 

Too bad it hasn't actually fixed anything. My internet is still disconnecting intermittently so now I'm at a loss. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 17

Did you check for noise on the line as requested?

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
MonkfishEsq
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

No, I'm not buying a landline I will never use when the engineer checked the line and it all looked ok from his end on his machines. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 17

You are already buying a landline, its included in the price of your broadband. The tests that Openreach and BT do, cannot detect an intermittent noise fault on the phone line.

In fact, the lack of any occasional current flowing through your line, can cause high resistance faults.

0 Ratings
MonkfishEsq
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Please explain to me how a test that the BT engineer himself did with his equipment is somehow not supposed to detect a noisy line? 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

@MonkfishEsq Thanks for posting, I'm really sorry the engineer visit didn't happen yesterday and that the visit today didn't result in your broadband fault getting fixed.

If you need any help with this please send over your details, I've sent you a Private Message with more info on how you can get in touch.

Thanks
Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings