cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 17

Re: Constantly losing Broadband connection during the week but OK at weekends

It is the connection stats being asked for that contain the info about data rate, SNR etc.

Here's the page you need to find.

2019-03-11 19_12_11-Archer VR600.png

Highlighted
Albourneboy
Contributor
Message 12 of 17

This one then...Status.JPG

0 Ratings
Albourneboy
Contributor
Message 13 of 17

0 Ratings
Albourneboy
Contributor
Message 14 of 17

have been reading up on that SNR Margin and 14 seems awful high. Could explain why my download speed is nowhere near what I'm paying BT a fortune evry month for.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 17

Its because there are too many errors on the line, as shown on your connection stats.

Until those errors are fixed, the noise margin will stay high, and the speed low.

I asume you cannot hear any noise on your phone?  If not, the its going to be out of the audio band.

It could be caused by external cable inbalance, or excessive crosstalk from another circuit. If you have eliminated any possibilty of your internal wiring being faulty, or something in the house causing interference, then the line will need to be tested from your end, by Openreach.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

have you used the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your stability and eliminate your internal wiring as a problem?  

if you have used test socket and still disconnections daily then you need to arrange an engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Albourneboy
Contributor
Message 17 of 17

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

Its because there are too many errors on the line, as shown on your connection stats.

Until those errors are fixed, the noise margin will stay high, and the speed low.

I asume you cannot hear any noise on your phone?  If not, the its going to be out of the audio band.

It could be caused by external cable inbalance, or excessive crosstalk from another circuit. If you have eliminated any possibilty of your internal wiring being faulty, or something in the house causing interference, then the line will need to be tested from your end, by Openreach.

I did a quiet line test last night and there was no noise at all.

0 Ratings